Nearly 2,000 social conservatives gathered in Washington, D.C. September 18-20 for the annual Values Voter Summit. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was their clear favorite in a straw poll of potential Republican presidential candidates for 2012. (No Democrats were on the ballot because organizers said they assumed President Obama would run for re-election.) Watch excerpts of Huckabee’s speech to the crowd.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Hundreds of Migrants Feared Drowned in Mediterranean Sea as Boat Capsizes
- Pope Francis Makes Migrant Visit with Orthodox Patriarch, Returns to Rome with 12 Refugees
- Faith-Based Humanitarian Relief Agencies at Work in Earthquake-Ravaged Ecuador
- Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments on Obama’s Immigration Actions
- Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Guns in Churches
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE