Nearly 2,000 social conservatives gathered in Washington, D.C. September 18-20 for the annual Values Voter Summit. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was their clear favorite in a straw poll of potential Republican presidential candidates for 2012. (No Democrats were on the ballot because organizers said they assumed President Obama would run for re-election.) Watch excerpts of Huckabee’s speech to the crowd.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- ISIS Attacks Christian Minorities in Syria, Ancient Artifacts in Iraq
- Muslim Leaders Hold Anti-ISIS Meeting in Mecca
- Muslims in Norway Protect Oslo Synagogue with Human “Ring of Peace”
- Muslim Men from Brooklyn Arrested for Supporting ISIS
- Indian Jesuit Priest Released from Captivity in Afghanistan
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesFebruary 20, 2015: White House Summit on Extremism; A Conversation with Rabbi Jonathan Sacks; Churches in Pubs
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE