The basement of Christ Lutheran Church is one of the few places in Baltimore where homeless single women and their children can find help. Baltimore Outreach Services, a nonprofit that grew out of the church’s social ministry, provides comprehensive services to these families and helps them transition back into housing. Watch production assistant Fabio Lomelino’s interview with executive director Karen Adkins about helping homeless single mothers and meet Ebony McKelvin, a 24-year-old mother looking to get back on her feet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Hundreds of Migrants Feared Drowned in Mediterranean Sea as Boat Capsizes
- Pope Francis Makes Migrant Visit with Orthodox Patriarch, Returns to Rome with 12 Refugees
- Faith-Based Humanitarian Relief Agencies at Work in Earthquake-Ravaged Ecuador
- Supreme Court Hears Oral Arguments on Obama’s Immigration Actions
- Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Guns in Churches
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE