The basement of Christ Lutheran Church is one of the few places in Baltimore where homeless single women and their children can find help. Baltimore Outreach Services, a nonprofit that grew out of the church’s social ministry, provides comprehensive services to these families and helps them transition back into housing. Watch production assistant Fabio Lomelino’s interview with executive director Karen Adkins about helping homeless single mothers and meet Ebony McKelvin, a 24-year-old mother looking to get back on her feet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Baltimore, children, Economy, families, homeless, housing, job training, low income, Lutheran church, mothers, shelter, social ministry, Women
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE