The basement of Christ Lutheran Church is one of the few places in Baltimore where homeless single women and their children can find help. Baltimore Outreach Services, a nonprofit that grew out of the church’s social ministry, provides comprehensive services to these families and helps them transition back into housing. Watch production assistant Fabio Lomelino’s interview with executive director Karen Adkins about helping homeless single mothers and meet Ebony McKelvin, a 24-year-old mother looking to get back on her feet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- AME Church Issues Call to Action on “Sin of Racism”; Wave of Fires Plague Black Churches
- Episcopal Church USA Elects First African-American Presiding Bishop, Approves Religious Weddings for Gay Couples
- Religious Groups React to High Court Ruling on Marriage; Court Upholds Use of Lethal Injection Drug
- UCC Votes to Divest from Companies with Business in Israeli-Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Vatican Releases Pope’s US Itinerary
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 2, 2015: Religious Reactions to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling; Ethics of Gene Editing; Rebuilding Urban Neighborhoods
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE