The basement of Christ Lutheran Church is one of the few places in Baltimore where homeless single women and their children can find help. Baltimore Outreach Services, a nonprofit that grew out of the church’s social ministry, provides comprehensive services to these families and helps them transition back into housing. Watch production assistant Fabio Lomelino’s interview with executive director Karen Adkins about helping homeless single mothers and meet Ebony McKelvin, a 24-year-old mother looking to get back on her feet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- ISIS Attacks Christian Minorities in Syria, Ancient Artifacts in Iraq
- Muslim Leaders Hold Anti-ISIS Meeting in Mecca
- Muslims in Norway Protect Oslo Synagogue with Human “Ring of Peace”
- Muslim Men from Brooklyn Arrested for Supporting ISIS
- Indian Jesuit Priest Released from Captivity in Afghanistan
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesFebruary 20, 2015: White House Summit on Extremism; A Conversation with Rabbi Jonathan Sacks; Churches in Pubs
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE