The basement of Christ Lutheran Church is one of the few places in Baltimore where homeless single women and their children can find help. Baltimore Outreach Services, a nonprofit that grew out of the church’s social ministry, provides comprehensive services to these families and helps them transition back into housing. Watch production assistant Fabio Lomelino’s interview with executive director Karen Adkins about helping homeless single mothers and meet Ebony McKelvin, a 24-year-old mother looking to get back on her feet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Baltimore, children, Economy, families, homeless, housing, job training, low income, Lutheran church, mothers, shelter, social ministry, Women
- Pope to Syria: “Silence the Weapons”; Dutch Jesuit Priest Killed in City of Homs
- Prayer Vigils Held in Wake of Pittsburgh Stabbing Rampage
- Archbishop of Canterbury Speaks in US on “Epidemic of Violence”
- Religious Leaders Observe Anniversary of Rwandan Genocide
- Pope Asks for Forgiveness for Clergy Sex Abuse
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesMarch 28, 2014: President and the Pope; Bivocational Pastors; Franciscans of the Holy Land; Blind Boys of Alabama
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE