Corwin Smidt, director of the Paul B. Henry Institute and professor of political science at Calvin College, talks about findings from his most recent national survey on religion’s role in the 2008 presidential campaign as well as his new book, “The Disappearing God Gap?” (Oxford University Press, 2010), and he offers some advice for 2012 to both the Democratic and Republican Parties.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- AME Church Issues Call to Action on “Sin of Racism”; Wave of Fires Plague Black Churches
- Episcopal Church USA Elects First African-American Presiding Bishop, Approves Religious Weddings for Gay Couples
- Religious Groups React to High Court Ruling on Marriage; Court Upholds Use of Lethal Injection Drug
- UCC Votes to Divest from Companies with Business in Israeli-Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Vatican Releases Pope’s US Itinerary
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 2, 2015: Religious Reactions to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling; Ethics of Gene Editing; Rebuilding Urban Neighborhoods
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE