Corwin Smidt, director of the Paul B. Henry Institute and professor of political science at Calvin College, talks about findings from his most recent national survey on religion’s role in the 2008 presidential campaign as well as his new book, “The Disappearing God Gap?” (Oxford University Press, 2010), and he offers some advice for 2012 to both the Democratic and Republican Parties.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: 2008 Election, Barack Obama, Calvin College, Corwin Smidt, Democrats, Politics, Religious Voters, Republicans, Young Evangelicals
News of the Week
- US Military Heads to West Africa to Confront Accelerating Ebola Crisis
- Paris Summit Gathers Allies for ISIS Fight
- Anglican Priest from Baghdad Recognized for Religious Tolerance and Reconciliation
- Reform Rabbi Receives Award for Human Dignity and Tolerance
- Pope Francis Marks Anniversary of World War I; “Humanity Needs to Weep”
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE