Corwin Smidt, director of the Paul B. Henry Institute and professor of political science at Calvin College, talks about findings from his most recent national survey on religion’s role in the 2008 presidential campaign as well as his new book, “The Disappearing God Gap?” (Oxford University Press, 2010), and he offers some advice for 2012 to both the Democratic and Republican Parties.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: 2008 Election, Barack Obama, Calvin College, Corwin Smidt, Democrats, Politics, Religious Voters, Republicans, Young Evangelicals
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE