This month legendary jazz drummer Roy Haynes turns 85 and celebrates his birthday with a string of performances at the Blue Note in Greenwich Village. Watch him playing in January 2004 at Twelfth Baptist Church in Roxbury, Massachusetts at a service to honor Martin Luther King Jr. He was introduced by his brother, the Rev. Michael Haynes, who is now the church’s pastor emeritus.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Supreme Court to Hear Contraception Case
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Clergy Tax-Free Housing Money
- Bread for the World Urges Congress to Protect Anti-Hunger Programs
- Pope Lays Out Vision for Evangelization, Meets President Putin, Displays St. Peter’s Bones
- Mixed Religious Reaction to Iran Nuclear Deal
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE