On March 21, tens of thousands of people marched on the National Mall for “humane immigration reform that keeps families together.” Watch some of the religious leaders who participated in an interfaith prayer service before the march, including Rev. Peg Chemberlin president of the National Council of Churches; Elder Ricardo Moreno of Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles; Rev. Jennifer Kottler, director of policy and advocacy at Sojourners in Washington, DC; Rabbi Daryl Crystal of Har Sinai Congregation in Owings Mills, Maryland; Rev. Nancy McDonald Ladd of Bull Run Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Manassas, Virginia; Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles; and Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Bible, Cardinal Roger Mahony, Churches, congregations, Faith, Hispanic, immigration reform, Interfaith, Peg Chemberlin, Samuel Rodriguez, Values
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE