On March 21, tens of thousands of people marched on the National Mall for “humane immigration reform that keeps families together.” Watch some of the religious leaders who participated in an interfaith prayer service before the march, including Rev. Peg Chemberlin president of the National Council of Churches; Elder Ricardo Moreno of Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles; Rev. Jennifer Kottler, director of policy and advocacy at Sojourners in Washington, DC; Rabbi Daryl Crystal of Har Sinai Congregation in Owings Mills, Maryland; Rev. Nancy McDonald Ladd of Bull Run Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Manassas, Virginia; Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles; and Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Bible, Cardinal Roger Mahony, Churches, congregations, Faith, Hispanic, immigration reform, Interfaith, Peg Chemberlin, Samuel Rodriguez, Values
- Pope’s Peace Day Message Hits “Widening Gap between Those Who Have More and Those Who Must Be Content with the Crumbs”
- Religious Groups Mark One-Year Anniversary of Newtown Shooting
- Memorial Services Honor Nelson Mandela
- Hundreds Killed as Sectarian Violence Rips Apart Central African Republic
- US Foundation Saves Sacred Hopi Masks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE