On March 21, tens of thousands of people marched on the National Mall for “humane immigration reform that keeps families together.” Watch some of the religious leaders who participated in an interfaith prayer service before the march, including Rev. Peg Chemberlin president of the National Council of Churches; Elder Ricardo Moreno of Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles; Rev. Jennifer Kottler, director of policy and advocacy at Sojourners in Washington, DC; Rabbi Daryl Crystal of Har Sinai Congregation in Owings Mills, Maryland; Rev. Nancy McDonald Ladd of Bull Run Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Manassas, Virginia; Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles; and Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- AME Church Issues Call to Action on “Sin of Racism”; Wave of Fires Plague Black Churches
- Episcopal Church USA Elects First African-American Presiding Bishop, Approves Religious Weddings for Gay Couples
- Religious Groups React to High Court Ruling on Marriage; Court Upholds Use of Lethal Injection Drug
- UCC Votes to Divest from Companies with Business in Israeli-Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Vatican Releases Pope’s US Itinerary
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 2, 2015: Religious Reactions to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling; Ethics of Gene Editing; Rebuilding Urban Neighborhoods
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE