On Sunday, March 21, Cardinal Roger Mahony, the Archbishop of Los Angeles, celebrated a Mass for Immigrants at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church in Washington, DC and spoke of transforming the world from a barren desert into an immigrant-friendly garden of opportunity and equality for all. Watch this audio slide show by Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly production assistant and researcher Fabio Lomelino.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Tags: Cardinal Roger Mahony, Catholic, Hispanic, immigration reform, Mass for Immigrants, St. Aloysius Church
News of the Week
- State of the Union Address Focuses on Economic Equality, American Values
- Anti-Abortion Demonstrators Gather in Washington for Annual March for Life
- Unanimous High Court Rules in Favor of Muslim Inmate to Keep Beard
- Pope Concludes Asia Trip, Confirms Trip to US
- Anti-Muslim Incidents Rise in Europe in Wake of Paris Attacks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJanuary 16, 2015: Muslims and the Paris Attacks; Restoring Community in Ferguson; India’s Artificial Limb Enterprise
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE