Watch essayist, farmer, poet, and conservationist Wendell Berry, whose work often reflects religious and moral ideals and who spoke on May 4, 2010 at the Arlington Public Library in Virginia. Here he responds to a question about cheap oil and how it allows us to live. He says the issue is one of ignoring limits, and he calls the recent BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill “news from the world” in noisy response to the way we have gone after oil and mineral resources.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Syrian Airstrikes Destroy Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Aleppo
- Vatican Hosts Stem Cell Research Conference
- Pope Francis Hears Teenaged Confessions in St. Peter’s Square
- Tennessee Counselors, Therapists Can Refuse to Treat Patients Based on “Sincerely Held Principles”
- Interfaith Groups: “No Faith Is Our Enemy”
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE