The town of Uman in central Ukraine is the site of the grave of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov (1772-1810), a Chassidic mystic and the continuing and only central leader ever acknowledged by Breslov Chassidism. Uman is a place of annual pilgrimage for tens of thousands of Jews from all over the world, including Rebbi Nachman’s followers and a wide range of other devout Jews, who come for Rosh Hashanah to pray at his grave. View a gallery of photographs taken at Uman during this year’s pilgrimage by Leonard Cooper of Potomac, Maryland.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- WHO: Ebola Death Toll Continues to Rise; Doctor in New York City Diagnosed with Ebola Virus
- Syrian Kurds Join Fight to Defend Kobani from ISIS; UN, Vatican Urge Response ”Beyond Military Action”
- Cardinal Burke to Be Dismissed as Head of Vatican’s High Court
- North Korea Releases One of Three American Captives
- Mormon Church Explains Temple Garments
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesOctober 24, 2014: Immigrant Children in Court; China, Buddhism, and the Environment; Ground Zero Church
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE