At their fall meeting in Baltimore, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops elected a new president, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky. Father Thomas Reese, SJ, senior analyst for the National Catholic Reporter, describes the new president and discusses the effect of Pope Francis on the US bishops.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Baltimore Religious Leaders March, Demonstrate, Work to Repair Riot-Torn Communities
- Faith-based Aid Organizations Face Challenges of Widespread Death and Damage in Nepal
- Pope Meets UN Secretary-General on Climate Change, Calls Gender Wage Disparity a “Scandal”
- Report Documents Religious Freedom Violations around the World
- Bail Revoked, Catholic Church Official Returns to Prison
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE