At their fall meeting in Baltimore, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops elected a new president, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky. Father Thomas Reese, SJ, senior analyst for the National Catholic Reporter, describes the new president and discusses the effect of Pope Francis on the US bishops.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- President Apologizes for Deadly Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan
- Violence Escalates in Jerusalem and West Bank
- Catholic Synod on the Family Underway in Rome
- Poll: Positive Impact of Pope Francis on Views of the Church, Especially Among Democrats and Liberals
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE