At their fall meeting in Baltimore, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops elected a new president, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky. Father Thomas Reese, SJ, senior analyst for the National Catholic Reporter, describes the new president and discusses the effect of Pope Francis on the US bishops.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Syrian Airstrikes Destroy Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Aleppo
- Vatican Hosts Stem Cell Research Conference
- Pope Francis Hears Teenaged Confessions in St. Peter’s Square
- Tennessee Counselors, Therapists Can Refuse to Treat Patients Based on “Sincerely Held Principles”
- Interfaith Groups: “No Faith Is Our Enemy”
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE