On Monday, March 25, Episcopalians began Holy Week with an invitation to “Walk the Way of the Cross” in Washington, DC. The event was described as a time of prayer, pilgrimage, and public witness “to challenge the violence in our world and to call for comprehensive reform in gun legislation.” Watch the procession of religious leaders and laity up Pennsylvania Avenue from Lafayette Square and the White House to the West Steps of the US Capitol. Photos by Sam Pinczuk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- President Obama Marks 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans
- Christian Leaders Support Iran Nuclear Agreement; Obama Reaches Out to Jewish Leaders to Approve Deal
- As EU Meets, Austria Finds Migrants Dead in Truck
- Philadelphia Inmates Make Special Chair for Papal Visit
- Mormons Keep Affiliation with Boy Scouts
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE