On Monday, March 25, Episcopalians began Holy Week with an invitation to “Walk the Way of the Cross” in Washington, DC. The event was described as a time of prayer, pilgrimage, and public witness “to challenge the violence in our world and to call for comprehensive reform in gun legislation.” Watch the procession of religious leaders and laity up Pennsylvania Avenue from Lafayette Square and the White House to the West Steps of the US Capitol. Photos by Sam Pinczuk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Passover, Holy Week, Easter Observed Around the World
- Religious Leaders in Kansas Gather for Interfaith Service after Deadly Shootings at Jewish Facilities; White House Hosts Easter Breakfast and Passover Seder
- As Boston Commemorates One-Year Anniversary of Bombings, Muslims Announce New Initiative against Religious Extremism
- NYPD Shuts Down Muslim Surveillance Unit
- Ukraine Agreement Condemns Religious Intolerance and Extremism
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE