On Monday, March 25, Episcopalians began Holy Week with an invitation to “Walk the Way of the Cross” in Washington, DC. The event was described as a time of prayer, pilgrimage, and public witness “to challenge the violence in our world and to call for comprehensive reform in gun legislation.” Watch the procession of religious leaders and laity up Pennsylvania Avenue from Lafayette Square and the White House to the West Steps of the US Capitol. Photos by Sam Pinczuk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- ISIS Attacks Christian Minorities in Syria, Ancient Artifacts in Iraq
- Muslim Leaders Hold Anti-ISIS Meeting in Mecca
- Muslims in Norway Protect Oslo Synagogue with Human “Ring of Peace”
- Muslim Men from Brooklyn Arrested for Supporting ISIS
- Indian Jesuit Priest Released from Captivity in Afghanistan
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesFebruary 20, 2015: White House Summit on Extremism; A Conversation with Rabbi Jonathan Sacks; Churches in Pubs
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE