Earlier this month, President Barack Obama established a Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships to advise him on several social issues. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton spoke with several council members about what they hope to accomplish and the constitutional questions they may face. Watch Joel Hunter, senior pastor at Northland Church in Longwood, Florida; Melissa Rogers, director of the Wake Forest University School of Divinity Center for Religion and Public Affairs; and Jim Wallis, president of Sojourners, discuss their roles on the council.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Religious Groups, Pope Call for Peace as Middle East Conflict Escalates
- Obama Comment on Middle East Conflict at Iftar Shocks Muslim Group
- Religious Groups Organize and Express Support for Migrant Children
- Italian Newspaper: Pope Francis Says Two Percent of Catholic Priests are Pedophiles
- Archbishop John Nienstedt, Others Accused of Sex Abuse Cover Up
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE