Earlier this month, President Barack Obama established a Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships to advise him on several social issues. Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton spoke with several council members about what they hope to accomplish and the constitutional questions they may face. Watch Joel Hunter, senior pastor at Northland Church in Longwood, Florida; Melissa Rogers, director of the Wake Forest University School of Divinity Center for Religion and Public Affairs; and Jim Wallis, president of Sojourners, discuss their roles on the council.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Pope’s Peace Day Message Hits “Widening Gap between Those Who Have More and Those Who Must Be Content with the Crumbs”
- Religious Groups Mark One-Year Anniversary of Newtown Shooting
- Memorial Services Honor Nelson Mandela
- Hundreds Killed as Sectarian Violence Rips Apart Central African Republic
- US Foundation Saves Sacred Hopi Masks
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE