In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Passover, Holy Week, Easter Observed Around the World
- Religious Leaders in Kansas Gather for Interfaith Service after Deadly Shootings at Jewish Facilities; White House Hosts Easter Breakfast and Passover Seder
- As Boston Commemorates One-Year Anniversary of Bombings, Muslims Announce New Initiative against Religious Extremism
- NYPD Shuts Down Muslim Surveillance Unit
- Ukraine Agreement Condemns Religious Intolerance and Extremism
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE