In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Interfaith Religious Leaders Offer Prayers, Hold Vigils for Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
- Pope Francis Observes One-Year Anniversary of His Election
- Syrian War’s Toll on Children Especially Devastating
- Ultraorthodox Jews Protest Bill to End Military Service Exemption
- Methodist Church Drops Case Against Minister Who Performed Gay Son’s Wedding
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE