In an extended conversation, Washington Post science writer Rick Weiss discusses the practical and ethical questions raised by recent embryonic stem cell research, including efforts in Britain to clone human embryos using eggs from other species. He talks about the limits of such experimentation, the buying and selling of DNA, and new efforts in the U.S. to make the first synthetic life form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Syrian Airstrikes Destroy Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Aleppo
- Vatican Hosts Stem Cell Research Conference
- Pope Francis Hears Teenaged Confessions in St. Peter’s Square
- Tennessee Counselors, Therapists Can Refuse to Treat Patients Based on “Sincerely Held Principles”
- Interfaith Groups: “No Faith Is Our Enemy”
- SEE ALL
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE