Watch essayist, farmer, poet, and conservationist Wendell Berry, whose work often reflects religious and moral ideals and who spoke on May 4, 2010 at the Arlington Public Library in Virginia. Here he responds to a question about cheap oil and how it allows us to live. He says the issue is one of ignoring limits, and he calls the recent BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill “news from the world” in noisy response to the way we have gone after oil and mineral resources.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Religious Groups, Pope Call for Peace as Middle East Conflict Escalates
- Obama Comment on Middle East Conflict at Iftar Shocks Muslim Group
- Religious Groups Organize and Express Support for Migrant Children
- Italian Newspaper: Pope Francis Says Two Percent of Catholic Priests are Pedophiles
- Archbishop John Nienstedt, Others Accused of Sex Abuse Cover Up
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE