Watch essayist, farmer, poet, and conservationist Wendell Berry, whose work often reflects religious and moral ideals and who spoke on May 4, 2010 at the Arlington Public Library in Virginia. Here he responds to a question about cheap oil and how it allows us to live. He says the issue is one of ignoring limits, and he calls the recent BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill “news from the world” in noisy response to the way we have gone after oil and mineral resources.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
- Religious Groups Condemn Middle-East Violence, Pray for Peace
- Iraq: “Mass Cleansing Based on Religion” as Christians Flee Mosul
- Thousands Attend Memorial Services to Mourn Victims of Downed Malaysian Plane
- Imprisoned Sudanese Christian Woman Released, Greeted at Vatican
- Mixed Religious Reactions to Obama’s Executive Order on Discrimination
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full Episodes
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE