Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly managing editor Kim Lawton looks at the impact Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to the U.S. may have on the 2008 elections, from Hillary Clinton’s victory among Catholic voters in Pennsylvania to how various candidates may latch onto themes Benedict raised in his speeches. She also discusses pro-choice politicians who took communion during the papal Masses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
News of the Week
- Evangelicals and Muslims Pledge to Strengthen National Security after Chattanooga Shootings
- Pro-Israel Groups Protest Iran Nuclear Deal
- International Group of Mayors Gather for Vatican Climate Change Conference
- Pope’s Approval Ratings Drop
- Cuban Embassy Raises Flag as Diplomatic Relations are Restored
- SEE ALL
see allWatch Full EpisodesJuly 10, 2015: Moving Beyond the Confederate Flag; Changing Harlem Congregation; Flying Eye Hospital
R&E Video and News Widgets
Our news widget offers the latest headlines from our website.LEARN MORE