If you were among the throngs of Americans out shopping and buying a bunch of items marked down from their original marked-up prices, then you might have missed these news items that are (arguably) interesting but have little-to-no impact on your life.
1) The FAA released the recordings from Northwest Flight 188. If you recall, the pilots of that flight were out of radio contact with air traffic controllers for more than an hour and flew 150 miles past their destination, all because of “cockpit distraction.”
2) Some schools are encouraging students to use their cell phones for schoolwork.
3) An iPhone developer created a Web site that documents the applications that Apple rejects. The site is called App Rejections.
4) The Secret Service apologized for allowing a couple to crash a recent White House state dinner and meet the very people the agency was supposed to be protecting (you know, like President Obama).
5) And speaking of the White House — the Obamas received the White House Christmas tree today — an 18.5-foot Douglas fir.