- The WhispersThe Whispers
Founding members Wallace and Walter Scott discuss their 50 years of harmonies that began on the street corners of Watts, CA.
- The Sugarhill GangThe Sugarhill Gang
Michael Wright and Guy O’Brien, better known as Wonder Mike and Master Gee, recount their cautionary tale of youth, success and the small print on contracts.
- Nelson Mandela TributeNelson Mandela Tribute
In a tribute to Nelson Mandela, Tavis talks with activist-entertainer Harry Belafonte, Rep. Maxine Waters and talk show host Larry King, all of whose paths crossed with this extraordinary man, and also shares a personal memory of the then-ANC deputy president’s 1990 visit to Los Angeles.
- Jazz bassist Charlie HadenJazz bassist Charlie Haden
The jazz great reflects on his celebrated career and being honored with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Contemporary jazz saxophonist Dave KozContemporary jazz saxophonist Dave Koz
The eight-time Grammy nominee describes his collaboration with three of his most trusted musical colleagues on his latest CD.
- Songwriter-singer India.ArieSongwriter-singer India.Arie
The multiple Grammy winner explains why the CD, “SongVersation,” is her first in four years.
- Musician-activist Peter YarrowMusician-activist Peter Yarrow
One-third of the iconic folk trio Peter, Paul & Mary, Yarrow introduces his children’s book, based on one of the trio’s most beloved songs.
- Organ master Booker T.Organ master Booker T.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer recounts stories from his longtime music career and performs a track from his latest CD, “Sound the Alarm.”
- Trumpeter Chris BottiTrumpeter Chris Botti
The top-selling jazz instrumentalist talks about his Grammy-winning CD, “Impressions,” and his collaborations over the years.
- Actor-producer Wendell PierceActor-producer Wendell Pierce
The versatile Juilliard-trained actor describes his role in the new comedy, The Michael J. Fox Show, and in the final season of the Peabody Award-winning drama, Tremé.
- Singer-songwriter Jonathan ButlerSinger-songwriter Jonathan Butler
The acclaimed South African singer-songwriter-guitarist talks about his time away from the spotlight and performs songs from his holiday CD.
- Blues singer Shemekia CopelandBlues singer Shemekia Copeland
The two-time Grammy nominee shares her backstory and demonstrates why she’s being called “the new Queen of the Blues,” performing a track from her CD, “33 1/3.”
- Host-comedian D.L. HughleyHost-comedian D.L. Hughley
The popular actor, political commentator and stand-up comedian gives an update on his new television and radio projects.
- Phill Wilson, CEO, Black AIDS InstitutePhill Wilson, CEO, Black AIDS Institute
The longtime activist assesses what’s been accomplished and what still needs to be done to reach the goal of an AIDS-free generation.
- Writer-producer Steven BochcoWriter-producer Steven Bochco
The groundbreaking producer explains the premise of his upcoming TNT Originals drama series, Murder in the First.