- Novelist Edwidge DanticatNovelist Edwidge Danticat
The Haitian-born writer discusses Claire of the Sea Light—her first novel in almost a decade and hailed by critics as one of the best novels of 2013.
- ‘Dilbert’ creator Scott Adams‘Dilbert’ creator Scott Adams
The creator of one of this generation’s most successful syndicated comic strips explains his text, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big.
- Blues vocalist Shemekia CopelandBlues vocalist Shemekia Copeland
The multiple Grammy nominee shows why, although she’s heir to a rich blues tradition, she’s making her own mark in music.
- Tenor Lawrence BrownleeTenor Lawrence Brownlee
One of the most celebrated tenors in the opera world, Brownlee describes his L.A. opera debut and his CD, “Spiritual Sketches.”
- Steel guitarist Robert RandolphSteel guitarist Robert Randolph
Randolph—who plays one of the most difficult musical instruments there is: the pedal steel guitar—tells how he perfected his artistry.
- Songwriter-singer Emeli SandéSongwriter-singer Emeli Sandé
The British-born singer-songwriter shares her feelings about her success in dominating the airways and the British and European charts.
- Ben Harper & Charlie MusselwhiteBen Harper & Charlie Musselwhite
The singer-songwriter-guitarist and blues harmonica virtuoso discuss their Grammy-winning collaboration, “Get Up!”—their first CD together.
- Singer Gregory PorterSinger Gregory Porter
Winner of the 2014 Grammy for best jazz vocal album (“Liquid Spirit”), Porter comments on making his mark as a songwriter, as well as a singer.
- Saxophonist Wayne ShorterSaxophonist Wayne Shorter
The Grammy winner this year for best improvised jazz solo (“Orbits” from his live album “Without a Net”), Shorter demonstrates his ageless artistry in breaking musical barriers.
- Conductor-composer Esa-Pekka SalonenConductor-composer Esa-Pekka Salonen
The conductor laureate for the L.A. Philharmonic and a 2014 Grammy nominee shares memories of the opening of the famed Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Trumpeter Herb AlpertTrumpeter Herb Alpert
Alpert, who picked up another Grammy this year for “Steppin’ Out” (best pop instrumental album), reflects on his 50+ years in the music business.
- Singer-songwriter Alicia KeysSinger-songwriter Alicia Keys
The talented singer, songwriter and producer talks about the project for which she won her 15th Grammy this year (best R&B album), “Girl on Fire.”
- 2014 Oscar Highlights2014 Oscar Highlights
On the eve of the 2014 Oscars ceremony, we look at some of the nominated projects and revisit highlights of conversations with several of the nominees for this year’s golden statuette.
- Actor-producer Forest WhitakerActor-producer Forest Whitaker
The award-winning actor previews his latest film, the psychological thriller Repentance, and comments on the work of his foundation.
- Actress Julianne NicholsonActress Julianne Nicholson
One of the stars of August: Osage County, Nicholson discusses her role in the new Sundance TV original series, The Red Road.