- Singer Jennifer HollidaySinger Jennifer Holliday
The award-winning singer-actress unpacks her latest CD, “The Song Is You,” and shows off her powerhouse vocals with a performance.
- Actor Ed O’NeillActor Ed O’Neill
The veteran actor talks about his role as patriarch Jay Pritchett—for which he’s received three consecutive Emmy noms—on ABC’s top comedy, Modern Family.
- Jazz trumpeter Arturo SandovalJazz trumpeter Arturo Sandoval
The Cuban trumpet virtuoso and composer chats about his current tour and demonstrates why he’s one of today’s most influential musicians.
- Actor Jim ParsonsActor Jim Parsons
The Big Bang Theory star discusses his role in HBO’s The Normal Heart—one that he reprises from his award-winning turn on Broadway.
- Singer-songwriter Philip BaileySinger-songwriter Philip Bailey
The multiple Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer recounts inspirational stories from his memoir, Shining Star.
- Veterans Writing Project founder Ron CappsVeterans Writing Project founder Ron Capps
The former professional military officer and diplomat offers a sobering reminder of the cost of war with his memoir, Seriously Not All Right.
- Actor Terry CrewsActor Terry Crews
The co-star of the Golden Globe-winning sitcom, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, talks about his turn as game show host and his memoir, Manhood.
- Neurologist Dr. Stanley B. PrusinerNeurologist Dr. Stanley B. Prusiner
The award-winning physician explains his journey from pariah to prophet and discusses a possible breakthrough for understanding Alzheimer’s.
- Magazine founder Bhaskar SunkaraMagazine founder Bhaskar Sunkara
Sunkara discusses how his magazine, Jacobin—dedicated to shaking up the status quo—has caught the attention of thought-leaders across the media landscape.
- Musician-actor-activist Rubén BladesMusician-actor-activist Rubén Blades
The 10-time Grammy winner, Harvard law school grad and former presidential candidate in Panama reflects on his varied career and talks about his new CD, “Tangos.”
- Singer-songwriter Marsha AmbrosiusSinger-songwriter Marsha Ambrosius
The multiple Grammy nominee explains why her songs are so intensely personal and performs the single, “Run,” from her sophomore solo CD, “Friends & Lovers.”
- Writer Max BrooksWriter Max Brooks
The Emmy-winning writer and World War Z author shares the backstory of his latest project, the graphic novel, The Harlem Hellfighters.
- James Garner TributeJames Garner Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the Emmy-winning film and TV actor with a rebroadcast of their 2004 conversation, just before the opening of The Notebook.
- Geographer Carolyn FinneyGeographer Carolyn Finney
The Berkeley geographer explores issues that would open doors to greater participation in environmental and conservation concerns.
- Singer-songwriter Jonathan ButlerSinger-songwriter Jonathan Butler
The Grammy nominee probes his life and loves on his new CD and is joined by his daughter, Jodie, on a performance of a track from “Living My Dream.”