- Writer Mitchell S. JacksonWriter Mitchell S. Jackson
The award-winning writer reflects on beating the odds, as portrayed in his debut novel, The Residue Years.
- Former NBA coach Phil JacksonFormer NBA coach Phil Jackson
The legendary NBA coach sparks controversy with his new text, Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success.
- Dr. Richard Jackson, UCLA School of Public HealthDr. Richard Jackson, UCLA School of Public Health
The UCLA professor and host of the PBS series Designing Healthy Communities describes what it truly means to build a healthy community.
- Jacob C. Warren & K. Bryant SmalleyJacob C. Warren & K. Bryant Smalley
The doctors discuss the research for their text, Always the Fat Kid: The Truth About the Enduring Effects of Childhood Obesity.
- Investigative reporter Annie JacobsenInvestigative reporter Annie Jacobsen
Area 51 author pulls back the curtain of secrecy on an Air Force base so classified that U.S. presidents are denied entrance and explains the controversy surrounding the last seven pages of her book.
- Author Susan JacobyAuthor Susan Jacoby
Never Say Die author discusses the plight of America’s aging baby boomers and what that means for the U.S. as a whole.
- Writer Bill JamesWriter Bill James
Sabermetric pioneer reflects on his fascination with true crime stories and talks about how he uses it in his new book Popular Crime.
- Attorney-author Rawn James Jr.Attorney-author Rawn James Jr.
The son and grandson of African American vets, James examines the significance of the landmark executive order signed by President Truman integrating the military.
- Actress Allison JanneyActress Allison Janney
The award-winning actress discusses her roles in her latest—and very different—projects: CBS’ comedy, Mom, and the Showtime drama series, Masters of Sex.
- Filmmaker Eugene JareckiFilmmaker Eugene Jarecki
The filmmaker unpacks The House I Live In, his documentary on America’s longest war—the war on drugs.
- Jazz vocalist Al JarreauJazz vocalist Al Jarreau
One of the most innovative vocalists in the music world, Jarreau gives an update on his recent projects.
- Singer-songwriter Nikki JeanSinger-songwriter Nikki Jean
The pop artist, who also performs music from her debut CD, “Pennies in a Jar,” discusses what it was like to collaborate with the likes of Bob Dylan, Burt Bacharach and Carole King.
- Singer-songwriter-activist Wyclef JeanSinger-songwriter-activist Wyclef Jean
The multiplatinum-selling artist discusses his memoir, Purpose: An Immigrant’s Story, and his love for his native Haiti.
- Singer-songwriter Jeffrey OsborneSinger-songwriter Jeffrey Osborne
The platinum-selling vocalist discusses why it took 8 years to release his new CD, “A Time for Love.”
- Jerry Leiber; Mike StollerJerry Leiber; Mike Stoller
Pioneering songwriting and producing duo reflect on their introduction to music, how they became partners and on their vast catalogue.