- Author Matt TaibbiAuthor Matt Taibbi
Rolling Stone contributing editor and Griftopia author demystifies the inner workings of Wall Street and critiques why the U.S. should not have bailed out big banks.
- Salon.com founder David TalbotSalon.com founder David Talbot
The online journalism pioneer shares why he chose to write about San Francisco in his book Seasons of the Witch, how the city’s inhabitants pushed social progress and relates its 1960s values to current social issues.
- Author Nassim TalebAuthor Nassim Taleb
Former derivatives trader explains why he wanted his latest text to serve as a diatribe against modernity.
- Author Nassim Nicholas TalebAuthor Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The renowned political and financial thinker explains his argument that chaos should be embraced—the position he takes in his new text, Antifragile.
- Actor Jeffrey TamborActor Jeffrey Tambor
Meeting Spencer star describes the painful childhood experience that drove him to become an actor.
- Writer Amy TanWriter Amy Tan
The award-winning writer unpacks her sixth novel, The Valley of Amazement, a sweeping tale of two women’s search for identity.
- Singer-songwriter Serj TankianSinger-songwriter Serj Tankian
Activist singer-songwriter discusses why he feels he must be both direct and indirect in his political statements.
- Tavis Smiley Reports PreviewTavis Smiley Reports Preview
Tavis previews next week’s primetime special: Tavis Smiley Reports, “Too Important to Fail.”
- Director; actress Taylor Hackford, Helen MirrenDirector; actress Taylor Hackford, Helen Mirren
Oscar-winning Hollywood power couple shares what is was like filming their new project and weigh in on the debate over legalizing prostitution.
- Singer-songwriter James TaylorSinger-songwriter James Taylor
In his past appearances, the Rock and Rock Hall of Famer reflected on the rough period of his addiction and the reason he doesn’t like to listen to himself on the radio.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 1The Poverty Tour – Part 1
Tavis begins this week of shows on poverty in the U.S. with a theme of “Suffering to Speak,” in which he and Princeton professor Dr. Cornel West explain why they felt it was important to embark upon their 18-city, 11-state Poverty Tour this past summer.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 2The Poverty Tour – Part 2
Part 2 of the week’s Poverty Tour shows puts the spotlight on the new poor. Around the theme of “I Had Everything,” Tavis also talks with Vicki B. Escarra, CEO of Feeding America.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 3The Poverty Tour – Part 3
Tonight’s discussion on poverty in America—”No Room at the Inn”—continues with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and a focus on the housing crisis.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 4The Poverty Tour – Part 4
Part 4 of this special series on poverty, “Nothing Moves Without Us,” examines jobs and the unemployment crisis. Tavis also talks with the director of Columbia’s Earth Institute and co-founder of Millennium Promise Alliance Jeffrey Sachs.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 5The Poverty Tour – Part 5
The last night of discussions on poverty in America—”The Fight of the Poor”—directs attention to groups and communities organizing a movement to end poverty across the country. Tavis also talks with Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine and chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Faith.