- Jazz vocalist Gregory PorterJazz vocalist Gregory Porter
Described as having “the next great voice in jazz,” Porter reflects on his rise as a major talent.
- Actress Marcia Gay HardenActress Marcia Gay Harden
The Oscar- and Tony-winning actress describes the premise of her latest film, Parkland.
- Singer-songwriter Gloria EstefanSinger-songwriter Gloria Estefan
The seven-time Grammy winner shares the backstory of her new bilingual CD, “The Standards.”
- Filmmaker M. Night ShyamalanFilmmaker M. Night Shyamalan
The famed movie maker explains his detour from entertainment to tackle the difficult challenge of education reform in the U.S.
- Economist Paul KrugmanEconomist Paul Krugman
The Nobel Prize-winning economist and Princeton University professor assesses the impact of the continuing brinksmanship that dominates Washington.
- Comedian-actor Bob NewhartComedian-actor Bob Newhart
The TV veteran and comedy icon reflects on his first primetime Emmy win after more than 50 years in show business.
- Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 2Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 2
In the second part of a revealing conversation, Ronstadt discusses her career and recent Parkinson’s diagnosis.
- Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 1Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 1
In the first of two nights with the music superstar, Ronstadt reflects on her fascinating journey, as chronicled in her new memoir, Simple Dreams.
- Writer-director-producer J.J. AbramsWriter-director-producer J.J. Abrams
The Emmy-winning hero to sci-fi followers everywhere previews his TV and film projects.
- Actress-writer Najla SaidActress-writer Najla Said
Said reflects on being caught between two worlds and negotiating Arab identity in America, which she writes about in her memoir.
- Professor Andrew BacevichProfessor Andrew Bacevich
The retired Army colonel-turned-college professor and author of Breach of Trust examines the separation between the American public and its professional military.
- Emmy-winning actor James CromwellEmmy-winning actor James Cromwell
An Emmy winner for his supporting role in the FX hit, American Horror Story: Asylum, Cromwell discusses his romantic lead role in the indie film, Still Mine.
- Writer-musician James McBrideWriter-musician James McBride
Highly successful in two careers, McBride unpacks his latest novel, The Good Lord Bird, which, since our sit-down, won the 2013 National Book Award for fiction.
- Emmy-nominated actress Laura DernEmmy-nominated actress Laura Dern
The award-winning actress opens up about her character in the HBO series, Enlightened, which she also co-created.
- Journalist Mark LeibovichJournalist Mark Leibovich
The veteran political journalist dissects his text, This Town, one of the hottest political books of the year.