- Singer-songwriter Emeli SandéSinger-songwriter Emeli Sandé
The former med student reflects on her stunning international success in the music business.
- Novelist Khaled HosseiniNovelist Khaled Hosseini
The physician-turned-writer talks about his highly anticipated third novel, And the Mountains Echoed.
- Trumpeter-composer Terence BlanchardTrumpeter-composer Terence Blanchard
The five-time Grammy winner reflects on pushing musical boundaries with his new CD, “Magnetic,” and composing his first opera, the jazz-infused Champion.
- Former U.S. senator Olympia SnoweFormer U.S. senator Olympia Snowe
The outspoken centrist weighs in on why Washington isn’t solving the big problems and offers solutions from her text, Fighting for the Common Good.
- Science journalist Dan FaginScience journalist Dan Fagin
A winner of both of America’s best-known science journalism prizes, Fagin recaps the story he tells in his new text, Toms River.
- Hip-hop artist Talib KweliHip-hop artist Talib Kweli
The socially aware MC explains his long absence from recording and the challenges he issues with his new CD, “Prisoner of Conscious.”
- Economist Peter Blair HenryEconomist Peter Blair Henry
The dean of NYU’s Stern School of Business, Henry unpacks his book, Turnaround: Third World Lessons for First World Growth.
- Breast cancer expert Dr. Susan LoveBreast cancer expert Dr. Susan Love
A longtime advocate of preventive breast cancer research, Love describes her personal journey as a cancer patient.
- Singer-songwriter Patty GriffinSinger-songwriter Patty Griffin
The genre-busting artist discusses her return to personal songwriting with her first album of mostly new material in six years, “American Kid.”
- Education advocate Cortlan WickliffEducation advocate Cortlan Wickliff
Wickliff, who earns his Harvard law degree this month, assesses how his generation is handling the challenges facing young people in the U.S.
- Investigative journalist Jeremy ScahillInvestigative journalist Jeremy Scahill
The best-selling author shares the backstory of his new book and documentary, Dirty Wars, which looks at America’s covert wars in a post 9-11 world.
- Actress Diahann CarrollActress Diahann Carroll
The Tony winner and Oscar nominee reflects on her groundbreaking career and current roles in TV’s White Collar and in the feature Peeples–her first film in 16 years.
- Mother’s Day TributeMother’s Day Tribute
In celebration of Mother’s Day, we highlight the reflections of past guests about their relationships with their moms.
- Actress-director Phylicia RashadActress-director Phylicia Rashad
The Tony-winning actress reflects on her versatility in the business and adding theater director to her long list of successes.
- Musician John DensmoreMusician John Densmore
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer shares the backstory of his book, The Doors Unhinged, which chronicles his fight to defend the band’s legacy.