- Filmmaker Malik BendjelloulFilmmaker Malik Bendjelloul
The Swedish filmmaker talks about his unexpected difficulty in funding his first ever—and Oscar-nominated—feature-length documentary, Searching for Sugar Man.
- Singer Aaron NevilleSinger Aaron Neville
The four-time Grammy Award-winning singer shares the history behind his tribute to doo-wop on his new CD, “My True Story.”
- Entrepreneur Ping FuEntrepreneur Ping Fu
Fu, co-founder and CEO of the software company Geomagic, recounts her unusual journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur.
- Screenwriter David MageeScreenwriter David Magee
The Life of Pi writer reflects on the film’s 11 Oscar nominations, including one for best adapted screenplay.
- Journalist-author Michael HastingsJournalist-author Michael Hastings
Before his untimely passing, the Rolling Stone contributing editor and best-selling author explained his text, Panic 2012.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 4“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 4
We wrap the broadcast of our panel discussion on solutions that are—and are not—working in the war on poverty.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 3“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 3
We continue our broadcast of a special event from Washington—a conversation about one of the most important, but often-forgotten issues of our time: poverty in the U.S.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 2“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 2
The discussion continues with some of the country’s most prominent thinkers and advocates addressing the notion of making poor people a priority in America.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 1“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 1
In part 1 of our special four-night series, Tavis moderates a panel of opinion-makers focusing on the crippling issue of poverty in America.
- Historian Clayborne CarsonHistorian Clayborne Carson
On this King Day 2013 and the day of President Obama’s second inaugural, the man hand-picked by Mrs. King to edit and publish her husband’s papers shares stories from his new book, Martin’s Dream.
- Civil rights activist Coretta Scott KingCivil rights activist Coretta Scott King
A noted activist in her own right, Mrs. King sat with us a year before she passed away to discuss the enduring legacy of her husband, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Singer-songwriter James TaylorSinger-songwriter James Taylor
In his past appearances, the Rock and Rock Hall of Famer reflected on the rough period of his addiction and the reason he doesn’t like to listen to himself on the radio.
- Nobel laureate Leymah GboweeNobel laureate Leymah Gbowee
Just days before being named a recipient of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, the remarkable single mother of 6 talked to us about her memoir, Mighty Be Our Powers, and the challenges faced by women in politics.
- Singer-songwriter PrinceSinger-songwriter Prince
We look back at memorable appearances by the musician described by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a “force of nature.”
- President Barack ObamaPresident Barack Obama
We revisit our conversations with the president during his six previous appearances on the show, dating back to his days as a little-known Illinois state senator.