- Phill Wilson, CEO, Black AIDS InstitutePhill Wilson, CEO, Black AIDS Institute
The longtime activist assesses what’s been accomplished and what still needs to be done to reach the goal of an AIDS-free generation.
- Writer-producer Steven BochcoWriter-producer Steven Bochco
The groundbreaking producer explains the premise of his upcoming TNT Originals drama series, Murder in the First.
- Singer-songwriter Dave StewartSinger-songwriter Dave Stewart
The Grammy-winning musician, producer and multimedia entrepreneur performs a track from his latest CD, “Lucky Numbers.”
- Novelist Ayana MathisNovelist Ayana Mathis
The acclaimed writer reacts to the buzz around her debut novel, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie.
- Historian Robert DallekHistorian Robert Dallek
The noted presidential biographer assesses the contributions of President Kennedy’s brain trust to the successes and failures of his administration.
- Actor Jeffrey WrightActor Jeffrey Wright
The Tony-, Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor explains the choices of characters he portrays.
- Opera tenor Lawrence BrownleeOpera tenor Lawrence Brownlee
The renowned tenor reflects on his success despite the judgment of naysayers and his role in the U.S. production premiere of The Magic Flute.
- Writer Nikki GiovanniWriter Nikki Giovanni
The world-renowned poet, writer and activist dissects her latest collection of poetry and prose, Chasing Utopia: A Hybrid.
- Writer Stanley CrouchWriter Stanley Crouch
The noted jazz historian unpacks his text, Kansas City Lightning—part one of his biography of jazz giant Charlie Parker.
- Singer-songwriter Mary J. BligeSinger-songwriter Mary J. Blige
The multifaceted Grammy winner discusses her first-ever holiday CD and her new film, Black Nativity.
- Director Oliver StoneDirector Oliver Stone
As the U.S. marks the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination, Stone looks back at his 1991 blockbuster film, JFK, and forward to new projects.
- Singer-songwriter Steve TyrellSinger-songwriter Steve Tyrell
The Grammy-winning headliner at Manhattan’s storied Café Carlyle performs two tracks from his new CD—a tribute to legendary lyricist Sammy Cahn.
- Actors LisaGay Hamilton & Edward James OlmosActors LisaGay Hamilton & Edward James Olmos
The two stars reflect on their experiences working with the multicultural cast of their indie film thriller, Go For Sisters.
- Singer-songwriter Graham NashSinger-songwriter Graham Nash
The British rocker reflects on his prolific career that’s spanned five decades and two continents.
- Actress Nia LongActress Nia Long
The versatile actress discusses her role in the romantic comedy sequel to the 1999 hit movie, The Best Man.