- Sociologist Sara Lawrence-LightfootSociologist Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot
The Harvard sociologist explains her new text, Exit: The Endings that Set Us Free.
- Equal pay advocate Lilly LedbetterEqual pay advocate Lilly Ledbetter
The author of Grace and Grit, whose fight to gain equal pay for women in the workplace led to landmark legislation, recounts her poor upbringing in rural Alabama and discusses her years working at Goodyear.
- Singer-songwriter Amos LeeSinger-songwriter Amos Lee
Singer-songwriter discusses his latest CD and the painful experience that inspired the song ‘Jesus;’ he also performs a track from the new project.
- TransAfrica president Nicole LeeTransAfrica president Nicole Lee
The official liaison between the Mandela family and the world’s media, Lee assesses the president’s trip to Africa & his efforts to re-engage with countries there both economically and emotionally.
- Rep. Sheila Jackson LeeRep. Sheila Jackson Lee
The Democratic congresswoman from Texas offers her take on President Obama’s standing with African Americans and his recent speech at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s annual awards dinner.
- Singer-songwriter John LegendSinger-songwriter John Legend
Six-time Grammy winner and self-described ‘political junkie’ explains why he wanted to team up with The Roots for his new CD.
- Comedian-actor John LeguizamoComedian-actor John Leguizamo
The Emmy-winning comedian-actor explains why he created the successful one-man show, Ghetto Klown, and discusses why, growing up, he didn’t feel like he was a part of the U.S.
- Journalist Mark LeibovichJournalist Mark Leibovich
The veteran political journalist dissects his text, This Town, one of the hottest political books of the year.
- Writer Joseph LelyveldWriter Joseph Lelyveld
Pulitzer Prize-winning writer discusses his controversial new biography Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle with India.
- Author Gayle Tzemach LemmonAuthor Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
Author of The Dressmaker of Khair Khana explains why nothing changes the dynamic in a family like a woman earning an income.
- CNN anchor Don LemonCNN anchor Don Lemon
CNN anchor Don Lemon talks about his candid new memoir, Transparent.
- Human rights advocate Mavis LenoHuman rights advocate Mavis Leno
Chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation’s Campaign to Help Afghan Women and Girls explains the connection between the Taliban and women in Afghanistan.
- Actress Melissa LeoActress Melissa Leo
Award-winning actress explains why she feels her character was a remarkable woman.
- Former boxing champ “Sugar” Ray LeonardFormer boxing champ “Sugar” Ray Leonard
Celebrated former boxing champ discusses the devastating sexual abuse he faced during his teen years and writes about in his memoir, The Big Fight, and dissects some of his greatest fights.
- Environmentalist Annie LeonardEnvironmentalist Annie Leonard
Environmentalist explains The Story of Stuff project.