- Actress Diahann CarrollActress Diahann Carroll
The Tony winner and Oscar nominee reflects on her groundbreaking career and current roles in TV’s White Collar and in the feature Peeples–her first film in 16 years.
- Mother’s Day TributeMother’s Day Tribute
In celebration of Mother’s Day, we highlight the reflections of past guests about their relationships with their moms.
- Actress-director Phylicia RashadActress-director Phylicia Rashad
The Tony-winning actress reflects on her versatility in the business and adding theater director to her long list of successes.
- Musician John DensmoreMusician John Densmore
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer shares the backstory of his book, The Doors Unhinged, which chronicles his fight to defend the band’s legacy.
- Writer Joyce Carol OatesWriter Joyce Carol Oates
The best-selling writer and college professor explains her new historical novel, set in Princeton, NJ.
- Actress-comedienne Carol BurnettActress-comedienne Carol Burnett
The award-winning entertainer discusses her relationship with her late daughter, as detailed in the book, Carrie and Me.
- Sojourners president-CEO Jim WallisSojourners president-CEO Jim Wallis
The longtime activist dissects his new text, On God’s Side: What Religion Forgets and Politics Hasn’t Learned about Serving the Common Good.
- Former U.S. labor secretary Robert ReichFormer U.S. labor secretary Robert Reich
The UC Berkeley public policy professor assesses the fallout from sequestration, the most recent jobs report and whether austerity is working.
- Director Tom ShadyacDirector Tom Shadyac
The man behind a string of blockbuster comedies and author of Life’s Operating Manual recounts events that prompted him to downsize his life in a major way.
- Actor Sir Ben KingsleyActor Sir Ben Kingsley
The award-winning thespian discusses his villainous role in the latest installment of Marvel Comics’ Iron Man action adventure feature series.
- Actor Pierce BrosnanActor Pierce Brosnan
The two-time Golden Globe nominee reflects on embracing new challenges in his latest film project, the romantic comedy, Love Is All You Need.
- Director Mira NairDirector Mira Nair
One of few women of color to break through the ranks as a major motion picture director, Nair describes her new film, which tackles issues of nationalism and identity in a post-9-11 world.
- Room to Read founder John WoodRoom to Read founder John Wood
The former Microsoft executive explains his mission to help transform the world by putting books in the hands of the world’s children.
- The Atlantic’s Steve ClemonsThe Atlantic’s Steve Clemons
The Atlantic‘s Washington editor-at-large assesses the U.S. position on the civil war in Syria.
- Actor Chadwick BosemanActor Chadwick Boseman
The actor, director and playwright explains the challenge of playing the lead role in the feature biopic, 42, which celebrates the courage of Jackie Robinson.