- Sociologist Nancy DiTomasoSociologist Nancy DiTomaso
A vice dean at Rutgers Business School, DiTomaso shares her conclusions of 12 years of research into the causes of minority unemployment.
- Author George DohrmannAuthor George Dohrmann
Pulitzer Prize-winning sports writer explains why he feels the world of youth basketball is an exploitative and lawless society.
- Phil Donahue, Part 1Phil Donahue, Part 1
The dean of the TV talk show genre turns the tables and questions Tavis—and Dr. Cornel West—about the new book, The Rich & the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto.
- Phil Donahue, Part 2Phil Donahue, Part 2
Turning over his host seat to the dean of the TV talk show genre, Tavis and Dr. Cornel West explain their new text The Rich & the Rest of Us: A Poverty Manifesto.
- Novelist-playwright Ariel DorfmanNovelist-playwright Ariel Dorfman
The acclaimed Chilean novelist, playwright and human rights activist shares a fascinating passage from his new memoir Feeding on Dreams: Confessions of an Unrepentant Exile.
- Actor Michael DouglasActor Michael Douglas
Oscar-winning actor-producer talks about getting older in Hollywood, whether there’s an advantage to being a second generation star, his new films and weighs in on the state of the union.
- Filmmaker Deborah Riley DraperFilmmaker Deborah Riley Draper
The veteran ad exec-turned-filmmaker explains the story behind her award-winning documentary, Versailles ’73: American Runway Revolution.
- Writer Robert DraperWriter Robert Draper
The best-selling author explains the inspiration behind the title of his new book, Do Not Ask What Good We Do, comments on whether the media has an impact on Congress and shares his thoughts on this year’s “freshman class” on Capitol Hill.
- Author Peter DreierAuthor Peter Dreier
The politics professor examines the role of social justice issues in the presidential campaign and discusses his text, The 100 Greatest Americans of the 20th Century.
- Actor Richard DreyfussActor Richard Dreyfuss
Oscar-winning actor explains the impact of his profession on his activism and discusses his new film, The Lightkeepers, as a metaphor for the U.S.
- Best-selling author Stephen DubnerBest-selling author Stephen Dubner
Freakonomics co-author explains the concept that correlation does not equal causation.
- Actor David DuchovnyActor David Duchovny
Golden Globe-winning actor and Californication star reflects on entering the fourth season of the hit series and discusses his recent foray into stage acting.
- Time magazine Michael DuffyTime magazine Michael Duffy
Time magazine’s Washington bureau chief discusses the new makeup of Congress and offers his assessment of why Democrats are keeping such a low post-election profile.
- Actress Kirsten DunstActress Kirsten Dunst
The Golden Globe-nominated actress shares her experience of playing a character who isn’t likable, as she does in the new film Melancholia.
- Pima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence DupnikPima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence Dupnik
Pima County, Arizona sheriff talks about border security and his state’s controversial new law targeting illegal immigrants.