- Author Peter DreierAuthor Peter Dreier
The politics professor examines the role of social justice issues in the presidential campaign and discusses his text, The 100 Greatest Americans of the 20th Century.
- Journalist John HeilemannJournalist John Heilemann
The New York magazine’s national affairs editor and Game Change author weighs in on the presidential campaign.
- Actor-writer-director Ethan HawkeActor-writer-director Ethan Hawke
The Oscar-nominated actor-writer-director reflects on the making of his latest feature, Sinister.
- Foreign policy expert Phyllis BennisForeign policy expert Phyllis Bennis
The director of the Institute for Policy Studies’ New Internationalism Project assesses the impact of foreign policy on the presidential campaign.
- Classical pianist Lang LangClassical pianist Lang Lang
The piano virtuoso explains why his latest CD is devoted entirely to the music of Chopin.
- Filmmaker Ava DuVernayFilmmaker Ava DuVernay
The winner of this year’s best director award at the Sundance Film Festival describes her new feature, Middle of Nowhere.
- Personal tech writer David PoguePersonal tech writer David Pogue
The award-winning technology writer talks about his new role as host of PBS’ acclaimed science magazine series, NOVA scienceNOW.
- Writer Joan WalshWriter Joan Walsh
Salon.com’s editor-at-large weighs in on the presidential campaign.
- Hip-hop artist-actor T.I.Hip-hop artist-actor T.I.
The three-time Grammy winner discusses his latest projects, including his second novel, the new season of his TV show on VH1 and an upcoming CD.
- Actor-writer Andrew McCarthyActor-writer Andrew McCarthy
The actor-director recounts how and why he got into travel writing and shares stories from his new memoir, The Longest Way Home.
- Political journalist Ari BermanPolitical journalist Ari Berman
The Nation magazine’s political correspondent assesses the impact of Voter ID laws and the new era of politics.
- Economist Jeffrey SachsEconomist Jeffrey Sachs
The world-renowned economist and co-founder of the nonprofit Millennium Promise Alliance explains his work on economic development and the fight against poverty.
- Former FDIC chair Sheila BairFormer FDIC chair Sheila Bair
The former FDIC chair talks about her role on the Systemic Risk Council and her assessment of the U.S. financial crisis, as detailed in her book Bull by the Horns.
- Actress-producer Elizabeth BanksActress-producer Elizabeth Banks
The actress-turned-producer describes her latest project, the feature film Pitch Perfect.
- Actress-director-producer Penny MarshallActress-director-producer Penny Marshall
The show business powerhouse reflects on her life and career, as described in her humorous memoir, My Mother Was Nuts.