- Actor Zachary QuintoActor Zachary Quinto
The talented actor of Heroes fame discusses his latest star vehicle, the feature Margin Call, which he also produced.
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-HinojosaNeurosurgeon Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa
The author of Becoming Dr. Q: My Journey from Migrant Farm Worker to Brain Surgeon offers his take on the current immigration debate in the U.S.
- Martin Sheen and Emilio EstevezMartin Sheen and Emilio Estevez
Father-son actors discuss their latest collaboration, The Way, and Estevez shares what it was like to write a role for his dad.
- Actor Antonio BanderasActor Antonio Banderas
The star of The Skin I Live In and Puss in Boots explains how he came to be an actor in the U.S. when he already enjoyed success and fame in Spain and shares the secret of making a Hollywood marriage work.
- Actress Stockard ChanningActress Stockard Channing
The Tony- and Emmy-winning actress explains what attracted her to the character she portrays in her latest stage play, Other Desert Cities.
- Author Michael LewisAuthor Michael Lewis
The author of Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World discusses the European debt crisis, describes what he feels are the problems with the euro and explains how the U.S. is impacted by the crisis.
- “Sojourners” magazine Jim Wallis“Sojourners” magazine Jim Wallis
In the last night of discussions on poverty in America, the president-CEO of Sojourners and chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Faith shares his observations after recently visiting the Occupy Wall Street protests.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 5The Poverty Tour – Part 5
The last night of discussions on poverty in America—”The Fight of the Poor”—directs attention to groups and communities organizing a movement to end poverty across the country. Tavis also talks with Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine and chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Faith.
- Economist Jeffrey SachsEconomist Jeffrey Sachs
The noted economist, director of Columbia’s Earth Institute and co-founder of Millennium Promise explains how we can end poverty globally.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 4The Poverty Tour – Part 4
Part 4 of this special series on poverty, “Nothing Moves Without Us,” examines jobs and the unemployment crisis. Tavis also talks with the director of Columbia’s Earth Institute and co-founder of Millennium Promise Alliance Jeffrey Sachs.
- HHS Secretary Kathleen SebeliusHHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
The Secretary of Health and Human Services identifies what the current administration has gotten right in dealing with the issue of poverty.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 3The Poverty Tour – Part 3
Tonight’s discussion on poverty in America—”No Room at the Inn”—continues with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and a focus on the housing crisis.
- Feeding America CEO Vicki EscarraFeeding America CEO Vicki Escarra
The president-CEO of Feeding America shares her concerns about the poverty crisis facing women and children in the U.S.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 2The Poverty Tour – Part 2
Part 2 of the week’s Poverty Tour shows puts the spotlight on the new poor. Around the theme of “I Had Everything,” Tavis also talks with Vicki B. Escarra, CEO of Feeding America.
- Princeton professor Dr. Cornel WestPrinceton professor Dr. Cornel West
Tavis begins this week of shows on poverty in the U.S. with Princeton professor Dr. Cornel West, who explains why the future of American democracy is predicated on how this issue is handled.