- Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, Council on Foreign RelationsGayle Tzemach Lemmon, Council on Foreign Relations
Lemmon—the best-selling author of The Dressmaker of Khair Khana—assesses the escalation of the humanitarian crisis in Syria.
- Singers Merry Clayton & Darlene Love – Part 2Singers Merry Clayton & Darlene Love – Part 2
Love and Clayton recount backstories of their indelible vocal work behind some of the greatest musical legends in the business.
- Singers Merry Clayton & Darlene Love – Part 1Singers Merry Clayton & Darlene Love – Part 1
In the first part of an enlightening conversation, the two renowned backing singers-turned-solo headliners reflect on being back in the spotlight.
- Singer-songwriter Shelby LynneSinger-songwriter Shelby Lynne
Lynne discusses balancing her singing and songwriting with being a label chief and the experience of recording her latest project, the southern country gospel-influenced CD, “Thanks.”
- Social scientist Dr. Alvaro HuertaSocial scientist Dr. Alvaro Huerta
An interdisciplinary scholar, Huerta unpacks his text, Reframing the Latino Immigration Debate.
- Musician-composer Béla FleckMusician-composer Béla Fleck
The groundbreaking banjoist reflects on a career of defying labels and demonstrates his talent with a performance of a track featured on his CD, “The Imposter.”
- Law professor Edwin SmithLaw professor Edwin Smith
The foreign relations law expert weighs in on the fallout from the NSA leaks, Edward Snowden and U.S. surveillance.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman TributePhilip Seymour Hoffman Tribute
Tavis remembers the critically acclaimed stage and screen star with highlights from their past conversations.
- Singer-songwriter Angelique KidjoSinger-songwriter Angelique Kidjo
The world music artist explains how her expansive career is marked as much by her musical achievement as by her passionate advocacy for her Africa homeland.
- NFL pioneer James Harris & writer Sam FreedmanNFL pioneer James Harris & writer Sam Freedman
Freedman and Harris share the backstory of the tale told in the book, Breaking the Line: The Season in Black College Football That Transformed the Sport and Changed the Course of Civil Rights.
- Violinist Hilary HahnViolinist Hilary Hahn
An advocate for new music, Hahn talks about her cross-genre collaborations and pushing musical boundaries.
- Documentary director TellerDocumentary director Teller
The award-winning entertainer describes the project that served as his feature documentary directorial debut, Tim’s Vermeer.
- Actress-singer-dancer Chita RiveraActress-singer-dancer Chita Rivera
Universally regarded as an American national treasure, Rivera reflects on her history-making career.
- Chideo CEO Todd WagnerChideo CEO Todd Wagner
The visionary entrepreneur shares how his new digital platform, Chideo, works to change the world for the better.
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric GarcettiLos Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Los Angeles’ first-term mayor looks ahead to this year’s State of the Union address and the possibilities for designated “Promise Zones.”