- Wisconsin Educ. Assn. Council Mary BellWisconsin Educ. Assn. Council Mary Bell
Wisconsin Education Association Council president offers the latest details on the showdown between Gov. Walker and the public employee unions and explains why she feels the governor’s plan goes too far.
- Entrepreneur Steve BellamyEntrepreneur Steve Bellamy
Founder of the Tennis and Ski Channels explains why he thought a ski channel would be successful.
- Actress Maria BelloActress Maria Bello
Bello, one of the stars of the new film The Company Men, talks about sexism in business and her ongoing work in Haiti, which pre-dated the 2010 quake.
- Musicians Ben Harper & Charlie MusselwhiteMusicians Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite
The singer-songwriter-guitarist and famed blues harmonica player explain how they united for their CD, “Get Up!”
- Filmmaker Malik BendjelloulFilmmaker Malik Bendjelloul
The Swedish filmmaker talks about his unexpected difficulty in funding his first ever—and Oscar-nominated—feature-length documentary, Searching for Sugar Man.
- Former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Regina BenjaminFormer U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Regina Benjamin
The former top doctor of the U.S. and new chair of public health sciences at Xavier University talks about her mission to transform public health.
- Democrat – CO Sen. Michael BennetDemocrat – CO Sen. Michael Bennet
Colorado senator discusses education and explores how to fix a system that he says, at times, produces ‘catastrophic’ outcomes for children.
- Former U.S. Education Secretary Bill BennettFormer U.S. Education Secretary Bill Bennett
The former education secretary and host of the syndicated radio show Morning in America shares his inspiration for writing the text The Book of Man and assesses the growth in education inequality and the “Race to the Top” program.
- Entertainer Tony BennettEntertainer Tony Bennett
The “singer’s singer” discusses Amy Winehouse, whose last recorded song is on his new CD, “Duets II,” and shares the one regret he has about the time he spent with the late songstress.
- Foreign policy expert Phyllis BennisForeign policy expert Phyllis Bennis
The director of the Institute for Policy Studies’ New Internationalism Project assesses the impact of foreign policy on the presidential campaign.
- Journalist Peter BergenJournalist Peter Bergen
National security analyst and The Longest War author discusses the lack of fallout following the announcement that the U.S. will remain in Afghanistan through 2014.
- Political journalist Ari BermanPolitical journalist Ari Berman
The Nation magazine’s political correspondent assesses the impact of Voter ID laws and the new era of politics.
- Philanthropists Bernard and Shirley KinseyPhilanthropists Bernard and Shirley Kinsey
The L.A.-based couple explain how “The Kinsey Collection” explores the intersection of art and history.
- Author Ingrid BetancourtAuthor Ingrid Betancourt
Former Colombian presidential candidate who was held in captivity describes the future she wants for her country.
- Actress Jacqueline BissetActress Jacqueline Bisset
The international film star talks about her latest projects, including the jazz drama miniseries, Dancing on the Edge.