- Writer Michael StarrWriter Michael StarrWEB EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
The New York Post TV columnist and author of Black and Blue: The Redd Foxx Story, shares his thoughts on Foxx’ enduring comedic legacy.
- Comedian-actor John LeguizamoComedian-actor John Leguizamo
The Emmy-winning comedian-actor explains why he created the successful one-man show, Ghetto Klown, and discusses why, growing up, he didn’t feel like he was a part of the U.S.
- Actor Chris EvansActor Chris Evans
Captain America star explains why he was intimidated by his role in the new film, Puncture.
- Musician-activist Tom MorelloMusician-activist Tom Morello
Musician-activist, a k a The Nightwatchman—whose new CD is “World Wide Rebel Songs”—explains how the injustices in the world have made it into his music and shares what the soundtrack for the nation’s current progressive struggle should include.
- The Poverty Tour PreviewThe Poverty Tour Preview
With nearly one in six Americans living in poverty, next week’s series of shows will put a human face on the alarming newly released data about life in the U.S.
- Peace activist Leymah GboweePeace activist Leymah Gbowee
Liberian native and author of Mighty Be Our Powers discusses the importance of and challenges faced by women in politics and the significance of the nation’s first woman president. Gbowee is one of three recipients of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Entertainer Tony BennettEntertainer Tony Bennett
The “singer’s singer” discusses Amy Winehouse, whose last recorded song is on his new CD, “Duets II,” and shares the one regret he has about the time he spent with the late songstress.
- Nobel laureate Wangari Maathai TributeNobel laureate Wangari Maathai Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to one of Kenya’s most recognizable women.
- Actor Joseph Gordon-LevittActor Joseph Gordon-Levitt
The star of the new film 50/50 discusses his work in the upcoming Batman film and talks about the work of his production company, hitRECord.
- Environmental advocate Van JonesEnvironmental advocate Van JonesWEB EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
The environmental advocate discusses his new American Dream Movement and explains how the progressive movement has failed to make good on the promise of change espoused by President Obama’s ’08 election campaign.
- Singer-songwriter Gloria EstefanSinger-songwriter Gloria Estefan
The seven-time Grammy Award-winning superstar—whose new CD is “Miss Little Havana”—shares how she’s been able to balance her career with raising children and reflects on her 33-year marriage.
- Rock musician Chris CornellRock musician Chris Cornell
The rock pioneer discusses his latest projects, including the song he wrote for the new film Machine Gun Preacher, “The Keeper,” which is on his new CD, “Songbook.”
- Rep. Sheila Jackson LeeRep. Sheila Jackson Lee
The Democratic congresswoman from Texas offers her take on President Obama’s standing with African Americans and his recent speech at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s annual awards dinner.
- Jazz saxophonist Sonny RollinsJazz saxophonist Sonny Rollins
The jazz great—and recently named 2011 Kennedy Center Honors recipient—talks about his new album “Road Shows, Vol. 2″ and explains why, at age 81, he still practices every day.
- Law professor-author Dorothy RobertsLaw professor-author Dorothy Roberts
Roberts, a legal scholar and author of Fatal Invention: How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-First Century, examines the political and commercial incentives for continuing the categorization of people by race.