- Actress Kristen JohnstonActress Kristen Johnston
The two-time Emmy winner shares highlights of her career, her battles with drug addiction and depression and why she wrote her memoir Guts.
- Actor Jeff DanielsActor Jeff Daniels
The Tony-nominated actor discusses HBO’s The Newsroom, the necessity of being informed on current events and leaving the family business to become an actor.
- Songwriting duo Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Part 2Songwriting duo Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Part 2
The Bergmans reflect on writing the Good Times theme song and discuss the challenge of finding new ways to talk about love and the hip-hop generation’s influence on the next wave of writers.
- Songwriting duo Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Part 1Songwriting duo Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Part 1
The legendary songwriters highlight stories and the evolution of writing, spanning their 50 years of working together, and share how Barbra Streisand became their muse.
- Actor Morgan Freeman, Part 2Actor Morgan Freeman, Part 2
The award-winning actor and Through the Wormhole host weighs in on the presidential campaign and talks about his experiences working on The Dark Knight Rises.
- Actor Morgan Freeman, Part 1Actor Morgan Freeman, Part 1
The Academy Award-winning actor explains why he never intends to write a memoir and discusses his acting influences and upcoming film, The Magic of Belle Isle.
- Singer-songwriter Glen HansardSinger-songwriter Glen Hansard
The Oscar-winning singer-songwriter shares his thoughts on the Tony-winning Broadway adaption of Once and discusses his first solo project, “Rhythm and Repose.”
- Economist Joseph StiglitzEconomist Joseph Stiglitz
The Nobel laureate assesses the current state of the U.S. economy, inequality and poverty in the country, as detailed in his text, The Price of Inequality.
- Capt. Chesley SullenbergerCapt. Chesley Sullenberger
The airline pilot of “Miracle on the Hudson” fame recalls the 2009 incident and life since, as written about in his text Making a Difference; he also talks about traits that come into play in a moment of crisis.
- Singer-songwriter Shawn ColvinSinger-songwriter Shawn Colvin
The multiple Grammy winner talks about her new CD, “All Fall Down,” and her candid new memoir, Diamond in the Rough, and reveals what she uses as her healing factors during times of clinical depression.
- Sportswriter Frank DefordSportswriter Frank Deford
The Emmy and Peabody winner describes the evolution of sports over the length of his career and reflects on who he thinks is the greatest athlete of all time, as detailed in his memoir, Over Time.
- Actor John SlatteryActor John Slattery
The Emmy-nominated actor discusses the fifth season finale of AMC’s Mad Men, the evolution of the show’s depiction of women and life before fame from the award-winning series.
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin PowellFormer U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell
The retired Army general shares why he has yet to endorse anyone in the 2012 presidential race, explains his views on domestic policy and unemployment and details his book, It Worked for Me.
- Blues guitarist Buddy GuyBlues guitarist Buddy Guy
The six-time Grammy-winning musician shares why it took so long for him to record his own music and his mission to keep jazz clubs alive; he also details his memoir, When I Left Home.
- Writer Buzz BissingerWriter Buzz Bissinger
The Pulitzer Prize winner reveals poignant details about the family dynamic surrounding his mentally disabled son, as described in his memoir, Father’s Day, and discusses life after Friday Night Lights.