- Former U.S. senator Russ FeingoldFormer U.S. senator Russ Feingold
The former senator and author of While America Sleeps explains why he feels the U.S. has “gone to sleep on international issues” and offers his prediction on the outcome of the presidential campaign.
- ‘Morning Joe’ host Joe Scarborough‘Morning Joe’ host Joe Scarborough
The Morning Joe host and former GOP congressman from Florida weighs in on campaign finance reform, whether there’s room in the GOP for moderates and why the Washington of the 1990s is so different from Washington today.
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Jay RoachEmmy-winning filmmaker Jay Roach
The director and producer of Game Change, the new HBO dramatization of the 2008 presidential campaign, talks about VP candidate Sarah Palin and whether the filmmakers “went soft” on Sen. John McCain.
- Harvard law professor Lani GuinierHarvard law professor Lani Guinier
The Harvard law professor and noted author discusses the ongoing affirmative action debate as the U.S. Supreme Court agrees to reconsider the constitutionality of race-conscious college admissions.
- Heart experts Steven Nissen, M.D. & Marc Gillinov, M.D.Heart experts Steven Nissen, M.D. & Marc Gillinov, M.D.
Two of the leading heart experts in the U.S. and authors of Heart 411 describe the burden heart disease places on America’s healthcare system and ways heart health can be improved.
- Singer-songwriter Sinéad O’ConnorSinger-songwriter Sinéad O’Connor
The outspoken and controversial singer-songwriter—whose new CD is “How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?”—explains why she wrote such a romantic album and shares who her muse was for this project.
- Actress-filmmaker Jennifer WestfeldtActress-filmmaker Jennifer Westfeldt
The Tony-nominated actress-filmmaker explains how being out of sync with her peer group served as inspiration for her latest acting vehicle, Friends with Kids, the new comedy which she also wrote, directed and produced.
- Democratic strategist Debbie DingellDemocratic strategist Debbie Dingell
The Democratic strategist and D2 Strategies president discusses Mitt Romney’s chances in Michigan, the GOP presidential primary season and the impact of money on politics.
- Oscar HighlightsOscar Highlights
Tavis revisits highlights of his conversations with several of this year’s Oscar nominees.
- King of Otuam Peggielene BartelsKing of Otuam Peggielene Bartels
The King of Otuam, Ghana and co-author of King Peggy discusses the changes she’s made to her home village since becoming its first female ruler and shares the impact she’s had on young girls.
- Actor-musician Steve MartinActor-musician Steve Martin
The multitalented comedian-actor-musician and author of The Ten, Make That Nine, Habits of Very Organized People. Make That Ten. explains what, artistically, he gets out of using Twitter and plays a tune from his Grammy-nominated bluegrass CD, “Rare Bird Alert.”
- Actor Don CheadleActor Don Cheadle
The co-exec producer of and actor in Showtime’s House of Lies shares what it’s like to play a character that was not written explicitly for a Black man.
- Writer Thomas FrankWriter Thomas Frank
The social critic, out with the new book Pity the Billionaire, discusses the Tea Party movement and which way the pendulum is swinging in the Republican Party.
- Former ad exec Charlotte BeersFormer ad exec Charlotte Beers
The history-making former ad exec and author of I’d Rather Be in Charge explains why she doesn’t believe there’s a conspiracy by men to hold women back in the workplace and shares how women navigate relationships at home versus work.
- Writer Pico IyerWriter Pico Iyer
The award-winning author of The Man Within My Head discusses the character that has haunted him over the years.