- Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 2Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 2
In Part 2 of a roundtable discussion on “Remaking America,” some of the country’s most prominent advocates address the realities of dwindling opportunities in a politically paralyzed nation.
- Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 1Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 1
In Part 1 of a conversation on “Remaking America,” thought leaders wrestle with solutions for restoring the country’s prosperity.
- Bluegrass music superstar Alison KraussBluegrass music superstar Alison Krauss
The 26-time Grammy-winning singer-songwriter discusses what she feels has recently attracted artists to bluegrass and performs music from her new CD, “Paper Airplane.”
- Actor Robert Blake, Part 2Actor Robert Blake, Part 2
The multiple Emmy winner continues his exclusive conversation with Tavis and reflects on his life as a child star and the TV fame of “Baretta.”
- Actor Robert Blake, Part 1Actor Robert Blake, Part 1
In part 1 of an exclusive two-part conversation, the Emmy-winning actor talks about the ghosts that haunt the living when they “get old,” the days he spent in jail before his acquittal on murder charges and the plan he believes God has for his life.
- Country music legend Merle HaggardCountry music legend Merle Haggard
The Grammy-winning country music singer-songwriter shares the inspiration for his lyrics and discusses his new album, “Working in Tennessee.”
- Journalist Donna BrittJournalist Donna Britt
The author of Brothers (& Me) discusses death and loss and explains what led her to write a memoir about the violent death of her brother.
- Angelina Jolie & Zana MarjanovicAngelina Jolie & Zana Marjanovic
In the Land of Blood and Honey’s writer-director and star discuss the emotional toll that it took on the performers and filmmakers to create a love story against the backdrop of the Bosnian War.
- Film producer Roger CormanFilm producer Roger Corman
The legendary Hollywood producer-director discusses the new documentary about his life, Corman’s World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel, and explains why he feels the state of independent filmmaking is “not good.”
- Sir Ben KingsleySir Ben Kingsley
The Oscar-winning actor shares what it was like to star in Martin Scorsese’s first 3D film, Hugo, and explains how 3D film impacts the work of acting.
- Journalist Tom BrokawJournalist Tom Brokaw
The award-winning journalist, out with the new text The Time of Our Lives, discusses the end of the Iraq War and the future of public service in the U.S.
- Documentary filmmaker Carl ColbyDocumentary filmmaker Carl ColbyWEB EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
The award-winning documentary filmmaker shares the story of uncovering the truth about his father—a CIA spy and the subject of The Man Nobody Knew: In Search of My Father, CIA Spymaster William Colby.
- Actor Gary OldmanActor Gary Oldman
Oldman shares his thoughts on the Oscar buzz surrounding his performance in the new film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
- Film producer Harvey WeinsteinFilm producer Harvey Weinstein
The Oscar-winning producer explains why he decided to take a gamble on one of his new projects, the black-and-white silent film The Artist.
- Former DC schools chief Michelle RheeFormer DC schools chief Michelle Rhee
The former chancellor of Washington D.C. public schools and founder of StudentsFirst explains why education reform is often such a vicious political game.