- Musician Robbie RobertsonMusician Robbie Robertson
Rock icon explains why he’s so transparent at this point in his life and describes his new CD—one of the most talked about projects of the year.
- Singer-songwriter-guitarist Robbie RobertsonSinger-songwriter-guitarist Robbie Robertson
The celebrated musician and founding member of The Band shares his insight on the business that made him a legend.
- Washington Post Eugene RobinsonWashington Post Eugene Robinson
Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post associate editor and author of the new book Disintegration de-bunks the myth of a monolithic Black America.
- Singer-songwriter Smokey RobinsonSinger-songwriter Smokey Robinson
Motown legend discusses his recovery from drug addiction and offers advice to his ‘little brother’ El DeBarge, who recently returned to rehab for his own addiction.
- Comedian Chris RockComedian Chris Rock
Multi-talented comedian-actor reflects on his influences, navigating his career and dealing with adulation.
- Actor Sam RockwellActor Sam Rockwell
Versatile actor explains why he finds it daunting to play a real person as opposed to a fictional character.
- Musician-producer Nile RodgersMusician-producer Nile Rodgers
Multiple Grammy winner shares the backstory of his hit song “Le Freak” and talks about award-winning songs that he produced for Diana Ross and Madonna.
- Authors Rodney and Holly Robinson PeeteAuthors Rodney and Holly Robinson Peete
Mr. and Mrs. Peete discuss the impact of their son’s autism diagnosis—the difficulty and the silver lining—and the books they’ve each written that they hope will help others.
- Foreign Policy magazine Josh RoginForeign Policy magazine Josh Rogin
Foreign Policy magazine’s discusses WikiLeaks’ controversial release of classified U.S. diplomatic documents and the growing tensions on the Korean peninsula.
- Jazz saxophonist Sonny RollinsJazz saxophonist Sonny Rollins
The jazz great—and recently named 2011 Kennedy Center Honors recipient—talks about his new album “Road Shows, Vol. 2″ and explains why, at age 81, he still practices every day.
- Ray Romano & Mike RoyceRay Romano & Mike Royce
Emmy winners talk about their latest collaboration on the TNT hit Men of a Certain Age.
- Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 1Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 1
In the first of two nights with the music superstar, Ronstadt reflects on her fascinating journey, as chronicled in her new memoir, Simple Dreams.
- Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 2Singer Linda Ronstadt, Part 2
In the second part of a revealing conversation, Ronstadt discusses her career and recent Parkinson’s diagnosis.
- Brown University’s Tricia RoseBrown University’s Tricia Rose
The internationally respected scholar and director of Brown University’s Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America analyzes the racial implications in the U.S. of trials like the Zimmerman case.
- The California Endowment president Dr. Robert K. RossThe California Endowment president Dr. Robert K. Ross
Dr. Ross, a longtime advocate for children’s health, weighs in on healthcare issues in the U.S., particularly for boys and young men of color.