- Musician Chris IsaakMusician Chris Isaak
The singer-songwriter, whose new CD is “Beyond the Sun,” discusses the music of Elvis Presley and, with his guitar, demonstrates why he thinks Presley’s music is “just so damn pretty.”
- Journalist Amy WaldmanJournalist Amy Waldman
Waldman discusses her debut novel The Submission, which is receiving rave reviews, and shares why she feels fiction is the best place to deal with post-9/11 perceptions of Muslims.
- Actress-producer Ellen BarkinActress-producer Ellen Barkin
The actress and Another Happy Day producer explains why it took 10 years before she ever auditioned and discusses the rejection that she faced early in her career because of her looks.
- Cellist Yo-Yo MaCellist Yo-Yo Ma
The 16-time Grammy-winning cellist explains what traveling has done for his music and performs a track from his new bluegrass album “The Goat Rodeo Sessions.”
- Actor Mickey RourkeActor Mickey Rourke
The Oscar nominee and star of the fantasy adventure film Immortals explains why he continues to play such physical roles.
- Actress Kirsten DunstActress Kirsten Dunst
The Golden Globe-nominated actress shares her experience of playing a character who isn’t likable, as she does in the new film Melancholia.
- Historian Niall FergusonHistorian Niall Ferguson
The historian and author of the new text Civilization explains why the G-20 Summit was a washout and why Greece and Italy are “too big to bail.”
- Filmmaker Tiffany ShlainFilmmaker Tiffany Shlain
The documentary filmmaker, whose new film is Connected: An Autoblogography about Love, Death & Technology, describes the good, the bad and the hope of digital connectivity.
- Actor-writer John LithgowActor-writer John Lithgow
The award-winning actor and best-selling author discusses the creation of his memoir Drama: An Actor’s Education.
- Actress Florence HendersonActress Florence Henderson
The actress and author of Life Is Not a Stage: From Broadway Baby to a Lovely Lady and Beyond shares why her childhood was daunting and the difficult relationships she had with her mother and father.
- Law professor Lawrence LessigLaw professor Lawrence Lessig
The Harvard law professor and author of Republic Lost discusses the OWS and Tea Party movements and explains how Washington’s distorted focus on raising campaign funds impacts America.
- ACLU president Susan HermanACLU president Susan Herman
The ACLU president and author of Taking Liberties discusses the Patriot Act, 10 years later, and explains why it’s time to start looking at the law’s provisions.
- Physicist Lisa RandallPhysicist Lisa Randall
The Harvard professor and author of Knocking on Heaven’s Door addresses the ongoing debate between science and religion and shares why she feels there has been a loss of respect for science.
- Writer Mark BowdenWriter Mark Bowden
The author of Worm discusses one of the most serious cyber threats launched in recent years, shares who’s behind it and explains just how close we are to someone crashing the Internet itself.
- Commentator & columnist Juan GonzalezCommentator & columnist Juan Gonzalez
The Democracy Now! co-host and co-author of News for All the People explains why Americans don’t have a free market in the media and tackles the racial politics of media ownership.