- Human rights advocate John PrendergastHuman rights advocate John Prendergast
Prendergast discusses the remarkable story behind his new text, Unlikely Brothers: Our Story of Adventure, Loss, and Redemption.
- Actress Rose ByrneActress Rose Byrne
The Emmy-nominated actress discusses the theme for the new season of TV’s legal thriller Damages.
- Economist Alan BlinderEconomist Alan Blinder
Princeton professor and former vice chair of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors discusses the lack of meaningful national dialogue on the unemployment rate and shares his thoughts on how the U.S. can fix its jobs problem.
- Comedian George WallaceComedian George Wallace
The comedian discusses his Las Vegas show and explains the changes he’ll make when he becomes America’s second Black president.
- Actress Jenna FischerActress Jenna Fischer
Emmy-nominated actress shares how The Office will be impacted by Steve Carell’s departure, as well as by her real-life pregnancy.
- L.A. Mayor Antonio VillaraigosaL.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
Los Angeles mayor and U.S. Conference of Mayors president discusses his city’s reliance on cars and explains why he feels the national immigration debate is wrongheaded.
- China – RoundtableChina – Roundtable
On the final night of the week’s look at the People’s Republic of China, Tavis hosts a panel of prominent Chinese Americans for a wide-ranging discussion about the country, including the good and the bad of its economic boom, the environment, human rights and the complexity of U.S.-China relations.
- China – EducationChina – Education
In this fourth episode of the special series on the People’s Republic of China—the final program on the road—Tavis talks in depth with some of the students at one of China’s top schools.
- China – The Hip-Hop CultureChina – The Hip-Hop Culture
In this special episode, a Black entrepreneur shares the backstory of his successful pilgrimage from North Carolina to Shanghai and his unique perspective on Chinese culture and the role “race” plays in this once isolated country.
- China – The ChallengesChina – The Challenges
In our continuing series on China, Tavis talks environmental issues with Kongjian Yu and examines some of the challenges facing modern China. He also takes an inside look at the lives of migrant workers and their children and their struggle to better their lives.
- China – The EconomyChina – The Economy
In the first show of this week’s special broadcasts on the People’s Republic of China, Tavis discusses the country’s economic and technology boom with Victor Yuan, board chair of China’s most prestigious polling firm, and with venture capitalist Kai Fu Lee, CEO and chair of Innovation Works and one of the “godfathers” of Chinese technology.
- China Week PreviewChina Week Preview
Tavis previews the upcoming, week-long series of shows exploring the People’s Republic of China.
- Actor-activist Don CheadleActor-activist Don Cheadle
The Oscar-nominated actor, who exec-produces and stars in The Guard, explains why it gets harder every year to make movies.
- Actor-director Michael RapaportActor-director Michael Rapaport
The actor-turned-director of the new hip-hop documentary Beats, Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest explains why he feels the group is just as important to music as the Beatles and discusses his disagreement over the film with Tribe frontman Q-Tip.
- Columnist Frank RichColumnist Frank Rich
Veteran New York Times columnist explains why he chose to write about the president for his debut piece with New York Magazine.