- Former U.S. attorney Douglas JonesFormer U.S. attorney Douglas Jones
Jones discusses his work prosecuting the suspects in the re-opened case of the ’63 church bombing in Birmingham, AL that killed four girls and the curious case that he’s now involved in with the father of one of those little girls.
- Filmmaker Jim WhitakerFilmmaker Jim Whitaker
The director-producer discusses the five people featured in Rebirth, his feature-length documentary about the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
- Musician Dave StewartMusician Dave Stewart
The acclaimed musician discusses his role in the rock all-star group SuperHeavy and his new solo album, “The Blackbird Diaries.” Stewart also performs two tracks from that CD.
- Law professor-author Randall KennedyLaw professor-author Randall Kennedy
The Harvard law professor and author of The Persistence of the Color Line explains why he believes that the nation’s first Black president is not going to be a transformative president when it comes to race.
- Actress Kristin DavisActress Kristin Davis
The Emmy-nominated actress, human rights activist and Oxfam ambassador shares the story of how she went from tourist to advocate in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Former Detroit mayor Kwame KilpatrickFormer Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
The former Detroit mayor and co-author of the memoir Surrendered describes his time in solitary confinement and explains why that low point was the first time that he found true freedom.
- Nick Ashford TributeNick Ashford Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the lyricist half of the legendary singing and songwriting duo Ashford & Simpson.
- Jazz icon Herbie HancockJazz icon Herbie Hancock
The award-winning jazz great discusses his first-ever solo tour and reflects on the key to a great performance.
- Rep. Xavier BecerraRep. Xavier Becerra
The California Democrat and member of the new congressional “super committee” explains why the biggest deficit America faces is jobs.
- “MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 2“MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 2
Tavis continues his conversations with some of Dr. King’s friends and with scholars who study his legacy.
- “MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 1“MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 1
This installment of the primetime special Tavis Smiley Reports examines the forgotten agenda of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Jerry Leiber TributeJerry Leiber Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the legendary lyricist who is described by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the “defining creators in mid-century pop music culture.”
- Professor Mansour El-KikhiaProfessor Mansour El-Kikhia
The Libyan dissident and chair of the political science department at the University of Texas at San Antonio discusses Qaddafi’s fall, as well as the road ahead for the North African nation’s transition of power.
- Singer-songwriter Lenny KravitzSinger-songwriter Lenny Kravitz
The four-time Grammy-winner discusses his new album, “Black and White America,” and explains why he feels this project is the best work he’s ever done.
- Author Harry MarkopolosAuthor Harry Markopolos
The whistleblower whose book on the Bernie Madoff scheme, No One Would Listen, is the basis for the new film Chasing Madoff, discusses his 10-year journey and explains why the fraud was obvious to anybody who cared to look.