- Philanthropist George SorosPhilanthropist George Soros
Tavis talks with billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros, founder and chairman of Open Society Foundations, about his life, his career and the latest financial news.
- CBS News’ Katie CouricCBS News’ Katie Couric
In New York, Tavis talks with CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric about her broadcasting career, her advocacy work for cancer research and her new book, The Best Advice I Ever Got.
- NY Mayor Michael BloombergNY Mayor Michael Bloomberg
In the first of this week’s shows from New York, Tavis talks with Mayor Michael Bloomberg about the challenges his city faces, including education, the economy and immigration.
- Musician Robbie RobertsonMusician Robbie Robertson
Rock icon explains why he’s so transparent at this point in his life and describes his new CD—one of the most talked about projects of the year.
- Publisher Larry FlyntPublisher Larry Flynt
Controversial publisher discusses his commitment to free speech and reveals some of what he learned in the research for his new book, One Nation Under Sex.
- Harvard Medical School’s Dr. Augustus WhiteHarvard Medical School’s Dr. Augustus White
Pioneering surgeon talks about his memoir, which offers insight into how unconscious stereotyping influences doctor-patient interactions, diagnosis and treatment.
- Singer-songwriter Emmylou HarrisSinger-songwriter Emmylou Harris
Twelve-time Grammy-winning singer-songwriter explains her passion for rescuing dogs, finding her own voice in music and the track about Emmett Till on her latest CD.
- Actress Ashley JuddActress Ashley Judd
Actress reflects on the risk in combining her occupation with her activism and comments on whether she remains hopeful, given all that she’s seen in her humanitarian work.
- Writer William CohanWriter William Cohan
Award-winning investigative reporter and former investment banker assesses the impact of S&P’s downgrading its credit outlook for the U.S. and discusses Goldman Sachs.
- Author Sarah VowellAuthor Sarah Vowell
Unfamiliar Fishes author discusses the annexations of Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam and explains why the summer of 1898 is when the U.S. really became a superpower.
- Entertainment exec Peter GuberEntertainment exec Peter Guber
Entertainment exec explains the concept of his book on success, Tell to Win.
- Author Rebecca SklootAuthor Rebecca Skloot
Author of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks describes the reaction to her book, which remains on the NYT best-seller list.
- Actress Robin WrightActress Robin Wright
Actress explains the backstory of the character she plays in the new film The Conspirator.
- Actress Dana DelanyActress Dana Delany
Emmy-winning actress discusses her Desperate Housewives days and her starring character in the new ABC drama Body of Proof.
- Democrat – MA Gov. Deval PatrickDemocrat – MA Gov. Deval Patrick
Massachusetts governor comments on President Obama’s speech on his deficit reduction plan, explains how the budget battle is impacting the states and talks about his new memoir.