- Writer Pico IyerWriter Pico Iyer
The award-winning author of The Man Within My Head discusses the character that has haunted him over the years.
- Musician-actor Steven Van ZandtMusician-actor Steven Van Zandt
The musician-actor and writer, exec producer and star of Lilyhammer shares how his series became the first original show on Netflix.
- Filmmaker Lucy WalkerFilmmaker Lucy Walker
The two-time Oscar nominee discusses her latest project, The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom, and recounts her experience in Japan a few weeks after that country’s earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster.
- Filmmaker Robin FrydayFilmmaker Robin Fryday
The first-time filmmaker, whose debut film—the documentary-short The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement—has garnered an Academy Award nod, shares the powerful story of her project’s subject, James Armstrong.
- R&B artist Anthony HamiltonR&B artist Anthony Hamilton
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter reflects on what it was like working with powerhouse producer Babyface and the advantages and disadvantages of “crossing over” musically.
- Political reporter Jonathan MartinPolitical reporter Jonathan Martin
POLITICO’s senior political reporter examines the “topsy-turvy” GOP presidential primary season.
- Journalist Thomas B. EdsallJournalist Thomas B. Edsall
The veteran journalist discusses his new book, The Age of Austerity, and explains how austerity has become “a great political tool.”
- Personal finance expert Suze OrmanPersonal finance expert Suze Orman
The Emmy-winning TV show host and best-selling author shares why she feels the credit scoring system is “broken” and discusses women in poverty.
- Actresses Viola Davis & Octavia SpencerActresses Viola Davis & Octavia Spencer
The Oscar-nominated actresses passionately discuss their roles in The Help and have a spirited debate about the ambivalence many people have regarding their roles in the film.
- Internet activist Wael Ghonim, Part 2Internet activist Wael Ghonim, Part 2
Tavis concludes his two-part conversation with the Egyptian new media activist and former Google exec.
- Internet activist Wael Ghonim, Part 1Internet activist Wael Ghonim, Part 1
Tavis talks with the former Google executive who helped spark the 2011 Egyptian revolution.
- Former U.S. Senator Chuck HagelFormer U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel
The former senator—and senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations committee—shares his thoughts on the deteriorating relationship between the U.S. and Syria.
- Attorney-activist Connie RiceAttorney-activist Connie Rice
The veteran civil rights attorney, out with her memoir, Power Concedes Nothing, discusses why the poor have to make demands and hijack power.
- Writer-director-producer Michael MannWriter-director-producer Michael Mann
The co-exec producer of HBO’s Luck reflects on why the writing is so addictive and challenging and shares what it’s like to work with horses on the show.
- Investigative journalist Michael HastingsInvestigative journalist Michael Hastings
The award-winning Rolling Stone writer and author of The Operators explains why he feels he received so much access from former ISAF commander, Gen. Stanley McChrystal.