- Investigative journalist Scott CarneyInvestigative journalist Scott Carney
Investigative journalist and author of The Red Market discusses child trafficking and describes how easy it is to find black market organs online.
- Actress Gabourey SidibeActress Gabourey Sidibe
Oscar nominee discusses her role in Showtime’s The Big C and the career she thought she’d have before becoming an actress.
- Journalist-filmmaker Maziar BahariJournalist-filmmaker Maziar Bahari
Iran-born journalist-filmmaker, who was captured and imprisoned in his native country while covering the ’09 elections, describes the horror of solitary confinement and discusses his memoir, which details his harrowing tale.
- Actress-producer Jami GertzActress-producer Jami Gertz
The Emmy-nominated actress, who steps behind the camera as producer of A Better Life, discusses the film and explains what makes a good script.
- The New Yorker’s George PackerThe New Yorker’s George Packer
Award-winning New Yorker staff writer discusses the clampdown on Wall Street corruption and explains why the trail has grown cold for prosecuting crimes that caused the financial crisis in the U.S.
- Actress Miranda RichardsonActress Miranda Richardson
Two-time Oscar nominee explains why turtles are so amazing and discusses the nature documentary that she narrates, Turtle: The Incredible Journey.
- Former boxing champ “Sugar” Ray LeonardFormer boxing champ “Sugar” Ray Leonard
Celebrated former boxing champ discusses the devastating sexual abuse he faced during his teen years and writes about in his memoir, The Big Fight, and dissects some of his greatest fights.
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry KissingerFormer U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger
Nobel laureate and former U.S. Secretary of State addresses U.S.-China relations, answers his critics who say he could be more vocal about human rights in China and discusses his new book, On China.
- Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
The environmentalist, who appears in the documentary The Last Mountain about the fight over coal, discusses the lack of government transparency and shares whether elective office is in his future.
- Actress Lucy PunchActress Lucy Punch
Punch explains her role in Bad Teacher, describes what it was like to work with Woody Allen in You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger and explains why she feels funny doesn’t get old.
- Former talk show host Larry King, Part 2Former talk show host Larry King, Part 2
In Part 2 of his conversation with Tavis, the legendary talk show host compares LeBron James’ exit from Cleveland to his own exit from CNN and shares what he wants his legacy to be.
- Former talk show host Larry King, Part 1Former talk show host Larry King, Part 1
In part 1 of a two-part conversation, the former talk show host—who sheds his trademark suspenders just for Tavis—discusses his new book, Truth Be Told, talks about losing money to Bernie Madoff and shares whether he misses working on his CNN show.
- Laura Ziskin TributeLaura Ziskin Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the pioneering Hollywood producer and cancer awareness advocate.
- Actress-playwright Anna Deavere SmithActress-playwright Anna Deavere Smith
Pulitzer Prize nominee describes the extensive research she conducted for her latest play, Let Me Down Easy, which is about healthcare and included interviews with more than 300 people.
- Producer-writer-director J.J. AbramsProducer-writer-director J.J. Abrams
Award-winning writer-director discusses his latest film, sci-fi thriller and box office hit Super 8, and explains why he deliberately wanted to keep people in the dark about the film’s plot.