- Former DC schools chancellor Michelle RheeFormer DC schools chancellor Michelle Rhee
Former chancellor of the DC school system addresses the USA Today investigation that questions the integrity of standardized test scores at schools under her watch.
- Actor Ted DansonActor Ted Danson
Emmy-winning actor, environmentalist and author of Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them explains the backstory of his commitment to the conservation of oceans.
- Republican – IN Gov. Mitch DanielsRepublican – IN Gov. Mitch Daniels
Second-term Indiana governor, a potential GOP presidential candidate in the 2012 race, discusses the recent budget crisis and legislative walkout in his state.
- Actress Anne HecheActress Anne Heche
Award-winning actress discusses which type of character she has to work harder at–comedic or dramatic.
- Writer T.C. BoyleWriter T.C. Boyle
Celebrated writer discusses his latest novel, When the Killing’s Done.
- Council on Foreign Relations Richard HaassCouncil on Foreign Relations Richard Haass
Council on Foreign Relations president describes why he believes the U.S. has made a mistake by escalating its goals in the Libyan conflict.
- Artist-filmmaker Julian SchnabelArtist-filmmaker Julian Schnabel
Acclaimed artist and filmmaker discusses the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict as it relates to his controversial new film and explains why one can’t separate a story from the way that it’s told.
- Twitter co-founder Biz StoneTwitter co-founder Biz Stone
Twitter co-founder and creative director discusses the monetary and social value of the site, which turns five this week, boasts 200 million accounts and employs 400 people.
- Architect Hitoshi AbeArchitect Hitoshi Abe
Internationally acclaimed architect and educator explains why one can’t really prepare for the kind of devastation that his native Sendai, Japan encountered.
- Playwright-author Eve EnslerPlaywright-author Eve Ensler
Award-winning playwright and activist discusses her cancer battle and explains why working with the women of Democratic Republic of Congo to create the “City of Joy” saved her life.
- Diplomat Warren Christopher TributeDiplomat Warren Christopher Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to Presidential Medall of Freedom recipient and former U.S. Secretary of State.
- Libyan novelist Hisham MatarLibyan novelist Hisham Matar
Outspoken Qaddafi critic, son of a Libyan political dissident and noted novelist explains why the West’s past embrace of Libya’s leader constituted ‘diplomatic negligence.’
- NY Times David BrooksNY Times David Brooks
New York Times columnist and author of The Social Animal explains why the complex workings of our unconscious minds determine so much of who we are.
- Actor Blair UnderwoodActor Blair Underwood
Actor-producer-author shares what it’s like to play a Black president and explains why Black artists need to create their own film projects.
- Author Sharifa Rhodes-PittsAuthor Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts
Harlem is Nowhere author describes what it’s like to live in a place with such a large myth and explains why the area can be described as a mecca for African Americans.