- China Week PreviewChina Week Preview
Tavis previews the upcoming, week-long series of shows exploring the People’s Republic of China.
- Actor-activist Don CheadleActor-activist Don Cheadle
The Oscar-nominated actor, who exec-produces and stars in The Guard, explains why it gets harder every year to make movies.
- Actor-director Michael RapaportActor-director Michael Rapaport
The actor-turned-director of the new hip-hop documentary Beats, Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest explains why he feels the group is just as important to music as the Beatles and discusses his disagreement over the film with Tribe frontman Q-Tip.
- Columnist Frank RichColumnist Frank Rich
Veteran New York Times columnist explains why he chose to write about the president for his debut piece with New York Magazine.
- Historian Amanda ForemanHistorian Amanda Foreman
Historian and best-selling author discusses her latest text, A World on Fire, and explains what she feels is one of the greatest tragedies of the Civil War.
- Oregon Sen. Jeff MerkleyOregon Sen. Jeff Merkley
Oregon’s first-term senator explains why he feels the U.S. should stop lingering in Afghanistan and outlines how America is suffering domestically as a result of its mission there.
- Radio show host Michael KrasnyRadio show host Michael Krasny
The popular talk show host, San Francisco State professor and author of Spiritual Envy: An Agnostic’s Quest describes the experiences that caused him to go from spiritual believer to doubter.
- Comedian-actor Cedric the EntertainerComedian-actor Cedric the Entertainer
The popular comedian and actor discusses his exec-producing and hosting gig on NBC’s new game show It’s Worth What? and his latest film Larry Crowne.
- Former GM exec Bob LutzFormer GM exec Bob Lutz
Former auto industry exec discusses his new book, Car Guys vs. Bean Counters, and describes what he believes the soul of American business should be.
- Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 2Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 2
Tavis continues his conversation on the work being done by Northwestern University, Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and others in Illinois to combat false convictions.
- Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 1Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 1
In the first of a two-part conversation, Tavis joins Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. and four men who, combined, spent more than 50 years behind bars—despite their innocence.
- Sports executive Pat WilliamsSports executive Pat Williams
The longtime sports executive, who co-founded the Orlando Magic, discusses his new book Coach Wooden, shares his thoughts on the looming NBA lockout and talks about his battle with multiple myeloma, an incurable form of cancer.
- FDIC chair Sheila BairFDIC chair Sheila Bair
Outgoing FDIC chair discusses the $8.5 billion settlement that Bank of America made with institutional investors.
- Actor Gary SiniseActor Gary Sinise
The Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning CSI: NY star—also of Forrest Gump fame—explains his new documentary, Lt. Dan Band: For the Common Good, and his efforts to bring attention to America’s disabled veterans.
- Biographer John FarrellBiographer John Farrell
The investigative reporter discusses complex defense lawyer Clarence Darrow and talks about his biography of the towering figure, Clarence Darrow: Attorney for the Damned.