- Actor-writer John LithgowActor-writer John Lithgow
The award-winning actor and best-selling author discusses the creation of his memoir Drama: An Actor’s Education.
- Actress Florence HendersonActress Florence Henderson
The actress and author of Life Is Not a Stage: From Broadway Baby to a Lovely Lady and Beyond shares why her childhood was daunting and the difficult relationships she had with her mother and father.
- Law professor Lawrence LessigLaw professor Lawrence Lessig
The Harvard law professor and author of Republic Lost discusses the OWS and Tea Party movements and explains how Washington’s distorted focus on raising campaign funds impacts America.
- ACLU president Susan HermanACLU president Susan Herman
The ACLU president and author of Taking Liberties discusses the Patriot Act, 10 years later, and explains why it’s time to start looking at the law’s provisions.
- Physicist Lisa RandallPhysicist Lisa Randall
The Harvard professor and author of Knocking on Heaven’s Door addresses the ongoing debate between science and religion and shares why she feels there has been a loss of respect for science.
- Writer Mark BowdenWriter Mark Bowden
The author of Worm discusses one of the most serious cyber threats launched in recent years, shares who’s behind it and explains just how close we are to someone crashing the Internet itself.
- Commentator & columnist Juan GonzalezCommentator & columnist Juan Gonzalez
The Democracy Now! co-host and co-author of News for All the People explains why Americans don’t have a free market in the media and tackles the racial politics of media ownership.
- Novelist-playwright Ariel DorfmanNovelist-playwright Ariel Dorfman
The acclaimed Chilean novelist, playwright and human rights activist shares a fascinating passage from his new memoir Feeding on Dreams: Confessions of an Unrepentant Exile.
- Actress Laura DernActress Laura Dern
The Oscar-nominated actress and co-creator and star of HBO’s Enlightened shares why she loves her character in the cable series and explains why “Amy” was made for her.
- Institute for America’s Future founder Robert BorosageInstitute for America’s Future founder Robert Borosage
Borosage, who is also co-director of the Campaign for America’s Future, discusses taxes, the Occupy Wall Street movement and the problem with the term “working poor.”
- Novelist Jackie CollinsNovelist Jackie Collins
The best-selling novelist discusses her new book Goddess of Vengeance and shares the real-life horror that brought her face-to-face with an Uzi.
- NBA legend Jerry WestNBA legend Jerry West
The Basketball Hall of Famer and author of West by West discusses the current NBA work stoppage, as well as his personal journey and the death of his brother.
- Law professor Anita HillLaw professor Anita Hill
The law professor reflects on the 20 years since her controversial testimony in Justice Thomas’ confirmation hearings and shares what she makes of the changes to the Supreme Court in the last two decades.
- Musician-producer Nile RodgersMusician-producer Nile Rodgers
Multiple Grammy winner shares the backstory of his hit song “Le Freak” and talks about award-winning songs that he produced for Diana Ross and Madonna.
- Olympic medalist John CarlosOlympic medalist John Carlos
The controversial athlete explains why politics has an undeniable place in the Olympic Games and discusses his Black power salute after his ’68 medal-winning performance.