- Writer Mark BowdenWriter Mark Bowden
The author of Worm discusses one of the most serious cyber threats launched in recent years, shares who’s behind it and explains just how close we are to someone crashing the Internet itself.
- Commentator & columnist Juan GonzalezCommentator & columnist Juan Gonzalez
The Democracy Now! co-host and co-author of News for All the People explains why Americans don’t have a free market in the media and tackles the racial politics of media ownership.
- Novelist-playwright Ariel DorfmanNovelist-playwright Ariel Dorfman
The acclaimed Chilean novelist, playwright and human rights activist shares a fascinating passage from his new memoir Feeding on Dreams: Confessions of an Unrepentant Exile.
- Actress Laura DernActress Laura Dern
The Oscar-nominated actress and co-creator and star of HBO’s Enlightened shares why she loves her character in the cable series and explains why “Amy” was made for her.
- Institute for America’s Future founder Robert BorosageInstitute for America’s Future founder Robert Borosage
Borosage, who is also co-director of the Campaign for America’s Future, discusses taxes, the Occupy Wall Street movement and the problem with the term “working poor.”
- Novelist Jackie CollinsNovelist Jackie Collins
The best-selling novelist discusses her new book Goddess of Vengeance and shares the real-life horror that brought her face-to-face with an Uzi.
- NBA legend Jerry WestNBA legend Jerry West
The Basketball Hall of Famer and author of West by West discusses the current NBA work stoppage, as well as his personal journey and the death of his brother.
- Law professor Anita HillLaw professor Anita Hill
The law professor reflects on the 20 years since her controversial testimony in Justice Thomas’ confirmation hearings and shares what she makes of the changes to the Supreme Court in the last two decades.
- Musician-producer Nile RodgersMusician-producer Nile Rodgers
Multiple Grammy winner shares the backstory of his hit song “Le Freak” and talks about award-winning songs that he produced for Diana Ross and Madonna.
- Olympic medalist John CarlosOlympic medalist John Carlos
The controversial athlete explains why politics has an undeniable place in the Olympic Games and discusses his Black power salute after his ’68 medal-winning performance.
- “NYT” exec editor Jill Abramson“NYT” exec editor Jill Abramson
The new executive editor of The New York Times discusses why it’s a great time to be running the paper and shares what she wants her legacy to be.
- Comedian-actor Billy GardellComedian-actor Billy Gardell
Mike & Molly star discusses the show’s success and explains why the audience identifies with the characters, which he describes as a “hot mess.”
- Writer Nomi PrinsWriter Nomi Prins
Demos senior fellow and Black Tuesday author explains how similar America’s current economic climate is to the period after the Great Depression and shares what scares her most about those similarities.
- Actor Zachary QuintoActor Zachary Quinto
The talented actor of Heroes fame discusses his latest star vehicle, the feature Margin Call, which he also produced.
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-HinojosaNeurosurgeon Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa
The author of Becoming Dr. Q: My Journey from Migrant Farm Worker to Brain Surgeon offers his take on the current immigration debate in the U.S.