- Writer Tom ReissWriter Tom Reiss
Historian Reiss shares the backstory of his award-winning and fascinating biography, The Black Count—about the “real Count of Monte Cristo,” Gen. Alexander Dumas.
- Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 2Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 2
In Part 2 of a roundtable discussion on “Remaking America,” some of the country’s most prominent advocates address the realities of dwindling opportunities in a politically paralyzed nation.
- Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 1Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 1
In Part 1 of a conversation on “Remaking America,” thought leaders wrestle with solutions for restoring the country’s prosperity.
- Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 3Remaking America – Panel discussion, Part 3
On the final night of a conversation on “Remaking America,” panelists assess how the course of the U.S. can be altered, making it as good as its promise.
- Democrat – PA Gov. Ed RendellDemocrat – PA Gov. Ed Rendell
Pennsylvania governor explains why Democrats are losing this midterm election cycle, even though they’ve passed key legislation in Washington.
- Musician Trent ReznorMusician Trent Reznor
Grammy-winning artist talks about making the switch from touring with Nine Inch Nails to composing the film score for The Social Network.
- Former DC schools chancellor Michelle RheeFormer DC schools chancellor Michelle Rhee
Former chancellor of the DC school system addresses the USA Today investigation that questions the integrity of standardized test scores at schools under her watch.
- Former DC schools chief Michelle RheeFormer DC schools chief Michelle Rhee
The former chancellor of Washington D.C. public schools and founder of StudentsFirst explains why education reform is often such a vicious political game.
- Education activist Michelle RheeEducation activist Michelle Rhee
The pioneering advocate and Radical author offers lessons learned in her efforts to reform schools in the U.S.
- Author Sharifa Rhodes-PittsAuthor Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts
Harlem is Nowhere author describes what it’s like to live in a place with such a large myth and explains why the area can be described as a mecca for African Americans.
- Actor Jonathan Rhys MeyersActor Jonathan Rhys Meyers
The Tudors star discusses his role on the Showtime series.
- Actress Christina RicciActress Christina Ricci
The Emmy-nominated actress discusses her new film, Bel Ami, and outlines her acting career and her work with young women who are victims of sexual assault.
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza RiceFormer U.S. Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza Rice
Former secretary of state and author of Extraordinary, Ordinary People shares the story of her childhood in Birmingham, AL and explains why she feels the U.S. Foreign Service shouldn’t be so white.
- Attorney-activist Connie RiceAttorney-activist Connie Rice
The veteran civil rights attorney, out with her memoir, Power Concedes Nothing, discusses why the poor have to make demands and hijack power.
- Columnist Frank RichColumnist Frank Rich
Veteran New York Times columnist explains why he chose to write about the president for his debut piece with New York Magazine.