- Historian Dr. Manning Marable TributeHistorian Dr. Manning Marable Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the celebrated historian, who passed away on the eve of the release of what’s been called his ‘crowning achievement’—the biography of Malcolm X.
- Author Gayle Tzemach LemmonAuthor Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
Author of The Dressmaker of Khair Khana explains why nothing changes the dynamic in a family like a woman earning an income.
- Chris CillizzaChris Cillizza
Washington Post journalist and ‘The Fix’ blogger goes inside the budget battle and discusses details of a potential government shutdown.
- Texas – R Rep. Ron PaulTexas – R Rep. Ron Paul
Texas congressman explains why he thinks President Obama was wrong for bringing the U.S. into the Libyan conflict.
- Actor Jeffrey TamborActor Jeffrey Tambor
Meeting Spencer star describes the painful childhood experience that drove him to become an actor.
- Former DC schools chancellor Michelle RheeFormer DC schools chancellor Michelle Rhee
Former chancellor of the DC school system addresses the USA Today investigation that questions the integrity of standardized test scores at schools under her watch.
- Actor Ted DansonActor Ted Danson
Emmy-winning actor, environmentalist and author of Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them explains the backstory of his commitment to the conservation of oceans.
- Republican – IN Gov. Mitch DanielsRepublican – IN Gov. Mitch Daniels
Second-term Indiana governor, a potential GOP presidential candidate in the 2012 race, discusses the recent budget crisis and legislative walkout in his state.
- Actress Anne HecheActress Anne Heche
Award-winning actress discusses which type of character she has to work harder at–comedic or dramatic.
- Writer T.C. BoyleWriter T.C. Boyle
Celebrated writer discusses his latest novel, When the Killing’s Done.
- Council on Foreign Relations Richard HaassCouncil on Foreign Relations Richard Haass
Council on Foreign Relations president describes why he believes the U.S. has made a mistake by escalating its goals in the Libyan conflict.
- Artist-filmmaker Julian SchnabelArtist-filmmaker Julian Schnabel
Acclaimed artist and filmmaker discusses the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict as it relates to his controversial new film and explains why one can’t separate a story from the way that it’s told.
- Twitter co-founder Biz StoneTwitter co-founder Biz Stone
Twitter co-founder and creative director discusses the monetary and social value of the site, which turns five this week, boasts 200 million accounts and employs 400 people.
- Architect Hitoshi AbeArchitect Hitoshi Abe
Internationally acclaimed architect and educator explains why one can’t really prepare for the kind of devastation that his native Sendai, Japan encountered.
- Playwright-author Eve EnslerPlaywright-author Eve Ensler
Award-winning playwright and activist discusses her cancer battle and explains why working with the women of Democratic Republic of Congo to create the “City of Joy” saved her life.