- Actress Molly RingwaldActress Molly Ringwald
Ringwald reflects on lessons learned from her jazz musician father and talks about her memoir.
- Actress-singer-writer Molly RingwaldActress-singer-writer Molly Ringwald
The versatile co-star of The Secret Life of the American Teenager talks about her love of music and her new jazz CD, “Except Sometimes.”
- Emmy-winning filmmaker Jay RoachEmmy-winning filmmaker Jay Roach
The director and producer of Game Change, the new HBO dramatization of the 2008 presidential campaign, talks about VP candidate Sarah Palin and whether the filmmakers “went soft” on Sen. John McCain.
- Actor-filmmaker-activist Tim RobbinsActor-filmmaker-activist Tim Robbins
Oscar-winning actor, director, producer, musician and activist explains why it’s important in his new stage play, Break the Whip—which he wrote and directs—to tell the story of the Jamestown settlement without Pocahontas or John Smith.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s Robert Battle & Alicia Graf MackAlvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s Robert Battle & Alicia Graf Mack
Artistic director Battle and dancer Mack discuss their goal to build on the prestigious Company’s triumphs while making sure it stays relevant.
- Law professor-author Dorothy RobertsLaw professor-author Dorothy Roberts
Roberts, a legal scholar and author of Fatal Invention: How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-First Century, examines the political and commercial incentives for continuing the categorization of people by race.
- Journalist-author Robin RobertsJournalist-author Robin Roberts
The Emmy-winning Good Morning America co-anchor reflects on the experience of writing her latest text, My Story, My Song, with her mother and how, through their collaboration, they learned more about each other.
- Musician Robbie RobertsonMusician Robbie Robertson
Rock icon explains why he’s so transparent at this point in his life and describes his new CD—one of the most talked about projects of the year.
- Singer-songwriter-guitarist Robbie RobertsonSinger-songwriter-guitarist Robbie Robertson
The celebrated musician and founding member of The Band shares his insight on the business that made him a legend.
- Washington Post Eugene RobinsonWashington Post Eugene Robinson
Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post associate editor and author of the new book Disintegration de-bunks the myth of a monolithic Black America.
- Singer-songwriter Smokey RobinsonSinger-songwriter Smokey Robinson
Motown legend discusses his recovery from drug addiction and offers advice to his ‘little brother’ El DeBarge, who recently returned to rehab for his own addiction.
- Comedian Chris RockComedian Chris Rock
Multi-talented comedian-actor reflects on his influences, navigating his career and dealing with adulation.
- Actor Sam RockwellActor Sam Rockwell
Versatile actor explains why he finds it daunting to play a real person as opposed to a fictional character.
- Musician-producer Nile RodgersMusician-producer Nile Rodgers
Multiple Grammy winner shares the backstory of his hit song “Le Freak” and talks about award-winning songs that he produced for Diana Ross and Madonna.
- Authors Rodney and Holly Robinson PeeteAuthors Rodney and Holly Robinson Peete
Mr. and Mrs. Peete discuss the impact of their son’s autism diagnosis—the difficulty and the silver lining—and the books they’ve each written that they hope will help others.