- NY Times David BrooksNY Times David Brooks
New York Times columnist and author of The Social Animal explains why the complex workings of our unconscious minds determine so much of who we are.
- Actor Blair UnderwoodActor Blair Underwood
Actor-producer-author shares what it’s like to play a Black president and explains why Black artists need to create their own film projects.
- Author Sharifa Rhodes-PittsAuthor Sharifa Rhodes-Pitts
Harlem is Nowhere author describes what it’s like to live in a place with such a large myth and explains why the area can be described as a mecca for African Americans.
- Actor Aaron EckhartActor Aaron Eckhart
Actor explains why his character in Battle: Los Angeles is the only one in his career that he’s been sad to move on from.
- Hip-hop artist Lupe FiascoHip-hop artist Lupe Fiasco
Hip-hop artist explains why it took three long years for the release of his latest album.
- Writer Mark RichardWriter Mark Richard
Award-winning writer reflects on his spiritual journey and explains why he believes if we survive our childhood, we have a story to tell.
- Professor Mansour El-KikhiaProfessor Mansour El-Kikhia
Exiled Libyan dissident and University of Texas political science department chair discusses what he calls the hypocrisy of U.S. presidents concerning Qaddafi.
- NBA great Kareem Abdul-JabbarNBA great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
NBA great talks about his latest project, On the Shoulders of Giants, and how his love of history has led to a new career.
- Author Susan JacobyAuthor Susan Jacoby
Never Say Die author discusses the plight of America’s aging baby boomers and what that means for the U.S. as a whole.
- M.I.T. Sherry TurkleM.I.T. Sherry Turkle
Founder-director of the MIT Initiative on Technology and Self and author of Alone Together explains the consequences that people face in creating a culture of constant interruption.
- Actor Anthony MackieActor Anthony Mackie
Busy actor discusses the business side of filmmaking and explains why African Americans must create their own film projects.
- Author Bing WestAuthor Bing West
Former Defense Department official explains why he feels the U.S. military should not be in the business of nation-building and describes the single biggest killer of U.S. forces who are fighting in Afghanistan.
- Singer-songwriter Smokey RobinsonSinger-songwriter Smokey Robinson
Motown legend discusses his recovery from drug addiction and offers advice to his ‘little brother’ El DeBarge, who recently returned to rehab for his own addiction.
- Wisconsin Educ. Assn. Council Mary BellWisconsin Educ. Assn. Council Mary Bell
Wisconsin Education Association Council president offers the latest details on the showdown between Gov. Walker and the public employee unions and explains why she feels the governor’s plan goes too far.
- Filmmaker Charles FergusonFilmmaker Charles Ferguson
Oscar-winning director of Inside Job reflects on winning the award when the financial meltdown issues addressed by the documentary remain unresolved.