- Country music legend Glen CampbellCountry music legend Glen Campbell
The iconic singer-songwriter discusses his new CD, “Ghost on the Canvas,” and, with his wife Kimberly, shares what life is like with his recent Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Demos fellow Bob HerbertDemos fellow Bob Herbert
The distinguished Demos fellow and former New York Times columnist shares why he’s not optimistic about President Obama’s jobs plan and explains why Black Americans are not in a recession, but in a full-blown depression.
- Tavis Smiley Reports PreviewTavis Smiley Reports Preview
Tavis previews next week’s primetime special: Tavis Smiley Reports, “Too Important to Fail.”
- Former U.S. attorney Douglas JonesFormer U.S. attorney Douglas Jones
Jones discusses his work prosecuting the suspects in the re-opened case of the ’63 church bombing in Birmingham, AL that killed four girls and the curious case that he’s now involved in with the father of one of those little girls.
- Filmmaker Jim WhitakerFilmmaker Jim Whitaker
The director-producer discusses the five people featured in Rebirth, his feature-length documentary about the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
- Musician Dave StewartMusician Dave Stewart
The acclaimed musician discusses his role in the rock all-star group SuperHeavy and his new solo album, “The Blackbird Diaries.” Stewart also performs two tracks from that CD.
- Law professor-author Randall KennedyLaw professor-author Randall Kennedy
The Harvard law professor and author of The Persistence of the Color Line explains why he believes that the nation’s first Black president is not going to be a transformative president when it comes to race.
- Actress Kristin DavisActress Kristin Davis
The Emmy-nominated actress, human rights activist and Oxfam ambassador shares the story of how she went from tourist to advocate in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Former Detroit mayor Kwame KilpatrickFormer Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
The former Detroit mayor and co-author of the memoir Surrendered describes his time in solitary confinement and explains why that low point was the first time that he found true freedom.
- Nick Ashford TributeNick Ashford Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the lyricist half of the legendary singing and songwriting duo Ashford & Simpson.
- Jazz icon Herbie HancockJazz icon Herbie Hancock
The award-winning jazz great discusses his first-ever solo tour and reflects on the key to a great performance.
- Rep. Xavier BecerraRep. Xavier Becerra
The California Democrat and member of the new congressional “super committee” explains why the biggest deficit America faces is jobs.
- “MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 2“MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 2
Tavis continues his conversations with some of Dr. King’s friends and with scholars who study his legacy.
- “MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 1“MLK: A Call to Conscience” – Part 1
This installment of the primetime special Tavis Smiley Reports examines the forgotten agenda of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Jerry Leiber TributeJerry Leiber Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the legendary lyricist who is described by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the “defining creators in mid-century pop music culture.”