- China – EducationChina – Education
In this fourth episode of the special series on the People’s Republic of China—the final program on the road—Tavis talks in depth with some of the students at one of China’s top schools.
- China – The Hip-Hop CultureChina – The Hip-Hop Culture
In this special episode, a Black entrepreneur shares the backstory of his successful pilgrimage from North Carolina to Shanghai and his unique perspective on Chinese culture and the role “race” plays in this once isolated country.
- China – The ChallengesChina – The Challenges
In our continuing series on China, Tavis talks environmental issues with Kongjian Yu and examines some of the challenges facing modern China. He also takes an inside look at the lives of migrant workers and their children and their struggle to better their lives.
- China – The EconomyChina – The Economy
In the first show of this week’s special broadcasts on the People’s Republic of China, Tavis discusses the country’s economic and technology boom with Victor Yuan, board chair of China’s most prestigious polling firm, and with venture capitalist Kai Fu Lee, CEO and chair of Innovation Works and one of the “godfathers” of Chinese technology.
- China Week PreviewChina Week Preview
Tavis previews the upcoming, week-long series of shows exploring the People’s Republic of China.
- Actor-activist Don CheadleActor-activist Don Cheadle
The Oscar-nominated actor, who exec-produces and stars in The Guard, explains why it gets harder every year to make movies.
- Actor-director Michael RapaportActor-director Michael Rapaport
The actor-turned-director of the new hip-hop documentary Beats, Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest explains why he feels the group is just as important to music as the Beatles and discusses his disagreement over the film with Tribe frontman Q-Tip.
- Columnist Frank RichColumnist Frank Rich
Veteran New York Times columnist explains why he chose to write about the president for his debut piece with New York Magazine.
- Historian Amanda ForemanHistorian Amanda Foreman
Historian and best-selling author discusses her latest text, A World on Fire, and explains what she feels is one of the greatest tragedies of the Civil War.
- Oregon Sen. Jeff MerkleyOregon Sen. Jeff Merkley
Oregon’s first-term senator explains why he feels the U.S. should stop lingering in Afghanistan and outlines how America is suffering domestically as a result of its mission there.
- Radio show host Michael KrasnyRadio show host Michael Krasny
The popular talk show host, San Francisco State professor and author of Spiritual Envy: An Agnostic’s Quest describes the experiences that caused him to go from spiritual believer to doubter.
- Comedian-actor Cedric the EntertainerComedian-actor Cedric the Entertainer
The popular comedian and actor discusses his exec-producing and hosting gig on NBC’s new game show It’s Worth What? and his latest film Larry Crowne.
- Former GM exec Bob LutzFormer GM exec Bob Lutz
Former auto industry exec discusses his new book, Car Guys vs. Bean Counters, and describes what he believes the soul of American business should be.
- Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 2Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 2
Tavis continues his conversation on the work being done by Northwestern University, Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and others in Illinois to combat false convictions.
- Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 1Innocence Project Panel Discussion Part 1
In the first of a two-part conversation, Tavis joins Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. and four men who, combined, spent more than 50 years behind bars—despite their innocence.