- Actress Maria BelloActress Maria Bello
Bello, one of the stars of the new film The Company Men, talks about sexism in business and her ongoing work in Haiti, which pre-dated the 2010 quake.
- Singer-songwriter Randy NewmanSinger-songwriter Randy Newman
Oscar-, Emmy- and Grammy-winning composer-songwriter explains why he doesn’t like writing.
- Author Amy ChuaAuthor Amy Chua
Yale Law professor clears up misconceptions surrounding her controversial new memoir on parenting.
- Int’l affairs commentator Gideon RachmanInt’l affairs commentator Gideon Rachman
Financial Times chief foreign affairs commentator discusses his new book and why what happens in Egypt matters throughout the rest of the world.
- Singer-songwriter John LegendSinger-songwriter John Legend
Six-time Grammy winner and self-described ‘political junkie’ explains why he wanted to team up with The Roots for his new CD.
- Historian Lawrence GoldstoneHistorian Lawrence Goldstone
Historian discusses his book, Inherently Unequal, and challenges the theory that the U.S. Supreme Court is an apolitical body.
- Music industry exec Clive DavisMusic industry exec Clive Davis
Music exec legend and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer explains how he discovered his talented ‘ear’ although he never played an instrument and shares the key ingredient for discovering musical artists.
- Former ambassador to Israel & Egypt Amb. Daniel KurtzerFormer ambassador to Israel & Egypt Amb. Daniel Kurtzer
Former U.S. ambassador to Israel and Egypt outlines the fundamental issues topping the Egyptian protesters’ list and assesses the U.S. role in the demonstrations thus far.
- Actress Jennifer BealsActress Jennifer Beals
Beals describes the experience of returning to her hometown to play the first female police superintendent in the new Fox TV series The Chicago Code.
- Musician Vusi MahlaselaMusician Vusi Mahlasela
South African singer-songwriter discusses his new album and explains the concept of Ubuntu.
- Actress Melissa LeoActress Melissa Leo
Award-winning actress explains why she feels her character was a remarkable woman.
- Consumer Electronics Association president Gary ShapiroConsumer Electronics Association president Gary Shapiro
Consumer Electronics Association president-CEO argues against overtaxing innovators and creating policies that discourage creative businesses from operating in the U.S.
- Personal tech writer David PoguePersonal tech writer David Pogue
Award-winning personal tech writer and host of NOVA‘s ‘Making Stuff’ explains materials science and describes the current image crisis affecting science.
- Actress Blythe DannerActress Blythe Danner
Award-winning actress, one of the stars of the Fockers film franchise, explains why she feels more like herself when she’s acting.
- Author Atul GawandeAuthor Atul Gawande
Surgeon and author of The Checklist Manifesto explains how coping with complexity has become the biggest 21st-century struggle.