- Actress Blythe DannerActress Blythe Danner
Award-winning actress, one of the stars of the Fockers film franchise, explains why she feels more like herself when she’s acting.
- Author Atul GawandeAuthor Atul Gawande
Surgeon and author of The Checklist Manifesto explains how coping with complexity has become the biggest 21st-century struggle.
- NFL Hall of Famer Rod WoodsonNFL Hall of Famer Rod Woodson
NFL Hall of Famer previews the Super Bowl, talks about the league’s collective bargaining agreement and tackles the “Rooney Rule” and the lack of GMs and owners of color.
- Singer-songwriter Amos LeeSinger-songwriter Amos Lee
Singer-songwriter discusses his latest CD and the painful experience that inspired the song ‘Jesus;’ he also performs a track from the new project.
- Actor Ed O’NeillActor Ed O’Neill
O’Neill compares his success on ABC’s Emmy-winning comedy Modern Family to that of his previous Fox hit, Married with Children.
- Steel Magnolia Meghan Linsey; Joshua Scott JonesSteel Magnolia Meghan Linsey; Joshua Scott Jones
The country music duo known as Steel Magnolia discuss their debut self-titled CD and incorporating their romantic relationship with their music.
- Filmmaker Tom HooperFilmmaker Tom Hooper
Filmmaker and director of The King’s Speech—this year’s most Oscar-nominated movie, including best director and best picture—explains the role his mother played in bringing the story to him.
- Actor Sir Anthony HopkinsActor Sir Anthony Hopkins
Oscar-winning actor discusses his acclaimed career and why he feels it’s healthy to keep low expectations and to live in doubt.
- Former FL governor Charlie CristFormer FL governor Charlie Crist
Former Florida governor reacts to the State of the Union address and explains why he feels the speech was ‘Reagan-esque.’
- Writer Paul ClemensWriter Paul Clemens
Detroit native talks about his new book, Punching Out: One Year in a Closing Auto Plant, and blue collar decline in America.
- Writer Kim EdwardsWriter Kim Edwards
Author of the best seller The Memory Keeper’s Daughter discusses her new novel and the mysterious process of writing.
- Journalist Peter BergenJournalist Peter Bergen
National security analyst and The Longest War author discusses the lack of fallout following the announcement that the U.S. will remain in Afghanistan through 2014.
- Presidential historian Douglas BrinkleyPresidential historian Douglas Brinkley
Presidential historian discusses his latest text and describes the similarities between Presidents Obama and Reagan.
- Former U.S. Senator Bill BradleyFormer U.S. Senator Bill Bradley
Former U.S. Senator discusses civility in America and previews President Obama’s State of the Union address.
- Author Douglas FrantzAuthor Douglas Frantz
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist discusses the START Treaty and explains why Pakistan is the world’s most dangerous nation.