- Singer-songwriter Huey LewisSinger-songwriter Huey Lewis
Singer-songwriter Huey Lewis talks about whether he was intimidated by covering hits from the vaults of Stax Records.
- Filmmaker Lucy WalkerFilmmaker Lucy Walker
Celebrated documentary filmmaker addresses the question of whether art can transform lives.
- Hip-hop artist K’NAANHip-hop artist K’NAAN
Somali-born hip-hop artist shares the story of his life — from war-torn Somalia to his international hit ‘Wavin’ Flag.’
- Time magazine Michael DuffyTime magazine Michael Duffy
Time magazine’s Washington bureau chief discusses the new makeup of Congress and offers his assessment of why Democrats are keeping such a low post-election profile.
- Actress Phylicia RashadActress Phylicia Rashad
Tony-winning actress shares her secret for maintaining an award-winning stage and film career without being typecast and describes her character in the much-anticipated new feature film, For Colored Girls.
- Journalist Ron BrownsteinJournalist Ron Brownstein
Journalist sheds light on what President Obama may be thinking this midterm election eve and what his administration’s first steps will need to be after the polls close.
- Author Edwidge DanticatAuthor Edwidge Danticat
Award-winning Haitian American writer, author of Create Dangerously, explains why art is both a luxury and a necessity.
- Peter, Paul & Mary’s Peter Yarrow & Noel Paul StookeyPeter, Paul & Mary’s Peter Yarrow & Noel Paul Stookey
Former Peter, Paul and Mary members discuss their late bandmate as a model for young women and showcase their new book and accompanying CD, The Night Before Christmas.
- Democrat – San Antonio Mayor Julian CastroDemocrat – San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro
San Antonio, TX mayor addresses the critique that the Democratic Party has taken Latinos for granted.
- Author Ingrid BetancourtAuthor Ingrid Betancourt
Former Colombian presidential candidate who was held in captivity describes the future she wants for her country.
- Democrat – PA Gov. Ed RendellDemocrat – PA Gov. Ed Rendell
Pennsylvania governor explains why Democrats are losing this midterm election cycle, even though they’ve passed key legislation in Washington.
- Actor-musician Paul ReiserActor-musician Paul Reiser
Actor, comedian, best-selling author and accomplished musician discusses his new album and explains why he likes sad songs.
- Authors Joseph Wilson; Valerie Plame WilsonAuthors Joseph Wilson; Valerie Plame Wilson
Former diplomat and his wife share the details of their journey from scandal in Washington to rebuilding their lives in New Mexico to being portrayed on Hollywood’s big screen.
- 39th U.S. President President Jimmy Carter39th U.S. President President Jimmy Carter
Former president discusses his newest text, tackles the lack of bipartisanship in Washington and weighs in on campaigning ‘then and now’ and today’s political system.
- M.D.-author Toni YanceyM.D.-author Toni Yancey
UCLA professor of health services and author of Instant Recess explains why what’s good for the waistline is good for the bottom line.