- Former talk show host Larry King, Part 2Former talk show host Larry King, Part 2
In Part 2 of his conversation with Tavis, the legendary talk show host compares LeBron James’ exit from Cleveland to his own exit from CNN and shares what he wants his legacy to be.
- Former talk show host Larry King, Part 1Former talk show host Larry King, Part 1
In part 1 of a two-part conversation, the former talk show host—who sheds his trademark suspenders just for Tavis—discusses his new book, Truth Be Told, talks about losing money to Bernie Madoff and shares whether he misses working on his CNN show.
- Laura Ziskin TributeLaura Ziskin Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the pioneering Hollywood producer and cancer awareness advocate.
- Actress-playwright Anna Deavere SmithActress-playwright Anna Deavere Smith
Pulitzer Prize nominee describes the extensive research she conducted for her latest play, Let Me Down Easy, which is about healthcare and included interviews with more than 300 people.
- Producer-writer-director J.J. AbramsProducer-writer-director J.J. Abrams
Award-winning writer-director discusses his latest film, sci-fi thriller and box office hit Super 8, and explains why he deliberately wanted to keep people in the dark about the film’s plot.
- TIME’s Rana ForooharTIME’s Rana Foroohar
TIME‘s assistant managing editor unpacks the magazine’s cover story this week by detailing myths of the current U.S. economy and explaining whether the private sector can save it.
- Actress Jada Pinkett SmithActress Jada Pinkett Smith
Hollywood heavyweight reflects on the new season of her TNT series, HawthoRNe, and discusses her and husband Will’s decision to invest in the Broadway musical FELA!
- Journalist Sebastian JungerJournalist Sebastian Junger
Award-winning investigative journalist discusses the killing of Osama bin Laden, NATO’s future in Afghanistan and the death of his friend, colleague and Restrepo collaborator Tim Hetherington.
- Music icon Barry ManilowMusic icon Barry Manilow
Veteran entertainer reflects on his career success and demonstrates why he’s ranked as the top Adult Contemporary chart artist of all time by performing “Bring on Tomorrow” from his new CD, “15 Minutes”—his first original album in 10 years.
- Musician Ziggy MarleyMusician Ziggy Marley
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter discusses his father’s legacy and explains why every song on his latest album is from his heart; he also performs a track from “Wild and Free.”
- Washington Post’s David IgnatiusWashington Post’s David Ignatius
Washington Post columnist and best-selling author describes the plot of his latest text, Bloodmoney, and explains why the novel is painted in colors that are true to life.
- Singer-songwriter Sara BareillesSinger-songwriter Sara Bareilles
Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter discusses her latest CD, “Kaleidoscope Heart,” and explains why her music career initially was an uphill battle.
- Actor William H. MacyActor William H. Macy
Emmy-winning actor-director-writer talks about his star turn in the Showtime series Shameless.
- Ray Romano & Mike RoyceRay Romano & Mike Royce
Emmy winners talk about their latest collaboration on the TNT hit Men of a Certain Age.
- Sen. Mark WarnerSen. Mark Warner
The Democratic senator from Virginia describes the strategy of the bi-partisan “gang of six” that he helped organize to tackle the deficit crisis.